““Excellent Food, Highly Recommend””
Review of Bella Cuba - CLOSED

Bella Cuba
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I was in Bella cuba recently with a friend, and it was one of the best meals I've had out in a Dublin restaurant in some time.

The menu had a really good selection and I found myself having plate envy even though my own dinner was delicious.

The staff were lovely, very friendly and relaxed and they had really good knowledge about the dishes and were a pleasure to deal with.

I will certainly be returning and I would recommend this place to everyone.

1  Thank virginia s

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Having been to Cuba twice I was so excited to find a "Cuban" restaurant in Dublin online, booked it without any issues, had great expectations of lovely cocktails with my wife and some beautiful authentic Cuban cuisine, when we arrived outside we almost missed it, so much so that I was 10 feet away from the door when I asked a taxi driver where the restaurant was and he pointed it out to me, great, off we went to this little doorway, up 3 flights of stairs with dirty hole ridden carpet to the restaurant upstairs, it was like walking into someones lounge, all of a sudden we were there, our booking was for 7:30 pm & we arrived at 7:10 (hoping to have a pre-meal cocktail but no room for a separate bar in this 12 x 16 room, so, we were shown to our table, between 2 other couples and so close that you can't help but hear others conversations so you have to have a conversation yourself to appear like you are not listening, which of course you do not want to, we were sat there thinking what nice drink to order when a waitress came over to us, now at 7:13 & asked us to LEAVE & RETURN AGAIN AT 7:30 AS THE TABLE HAD A BOOKING ON IT FOR 7:00 & WE WERE TOO EARLY!!! Well I have never been so insulted in any restaurant in all my life, my wife was gobsmacked, we got downstairs & just looked at each other in absolute astonishment, we decided in the end to go to The Brasserie in Bewleys Hotel, Ballsbridge, just 400 mtrs down the road, which was FANTASTIC value, Bella Cuba even had the cheek to ring me at 7:50 to ask me where I was & texted me too to ask should they hold my table for me !!! NEVER EVER WILL WE STEP FOOT INSIDE THERE AGAIN !!!

1  Thank kazaaman
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Excellent food, really big portions and a great range. Really nice atmosphere, thought the music was a bit repetitive. Had a great night and the staff are really friendly.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We went there for a meal on sunday night and there were only a few people there and therefore lacked atmosphere. After asking for a bottle of Rose wine we were informed they only had two glasses left in the bottle and that they had no more! As this restaurant is next door to a pub I was surprised they could not sort out this problem. We had to do with a glass each! Plastic table cloths on the table - not good for a restaurant of this standard! Apart from that the food was good great portion size, the staff extremely friendly and polite and the cocktails were most enjoyable..

1  Thank una o
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We have been many times in Bella Cuba and we will go back again. Great food, friendly staff and nice atmosphere.