“Great for kids”

Price range: US$18 - US$59
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Captain Americas brought the original burger to Ireland back in December 1971. Since then it has continued to serve good quality American style food at great value prices. Home to the famous Captain Americas hamburger and mouth watering flame grilled steaks, there is something for everyone on the menu. Captain Americas offers the most attractive lunch deals in town & the early bird menu is a great way to start every night out. Captain Americas has branches on Grafton St, Blanchardstown and in Cork City. All our restaurants are fully licensed and we have a great selection of cocktails, beers & wines for you to choose from. Over the years we have collected hundreds of pieces of memorabilia from visiting Irish and international stars such as U2, Colin Farrell, Westlife, Debbie Harry and David Bowie and Green Day. Our memorabilia museum creates a unique and interesting atmosphere in the restaurants. We take reservations for groups, please look at our bookings page for further information or call us on the number listed below. Open 7 days a week
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We ate here on w/e 5 July with our 4 year old, who is quite loud. There is so much atmosphere in Captain America's you wouldn't have heard him even if he'd been yelling. The waitresses here are fantastic and they make the place. Really great staff who seemed to be enjoying themselves and that made us enjoy ourselves. When my son knocked over drinks / food / etc there was never any issue made at all. The food is okay but I don't think you come here for the food. My husband and cousin both had cocktails and said they were great. I'm sure we'll be back.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Was here yesterday for food with the kids.We were seated straight away but were left waiting for a waitress to come over and take our order.She came ,we ordered and we were left again.Kids finished and at this stage we were left waiting for 15 minutes for dessert.I ordered coffee and cake and was left waiting longer for it.I said to the waitress we were in there about an hour at this stage and she just mumbled something.No reason or apology was given why everything was so slow .Wont be back.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I've been to Captain America's a few times and it always satisfies me. It's a restaurant that certainly doesn't lack atmosphere, it has autographed objects everywhere and there are classic illustrations everywhere. Sometimes the food isn't the best but will fill you up and it isn't quite as clean as I like a restaurant to be. Overall, go if you're in a hurry.

1  Thank Conor M
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I ate in this restaurant with 4 friends on Thursday looking forward to having an enjoyable meal.. However I was disgusted by the ruid service we received ! As we were in a group of 5 we had to sit at two separate tables which didn't bother us what so ever as we were in a rush and didn't want to wait for a bigger table and on the plus side our tables were right beside each other so it didn't make a difference! When the waitress whom I'd say was in her 40's came to take our order she took the other tables order first and started to walk off after when my friend said to her that we were all together , well the huff she made seemed like it was the end of the world ! Fair enough though I can understand that it may of being annoying ! Then when my boyfriend ordered his food which was lasagne and chips I decided I would order a chicken ceasar salad ... I then quickly asked the waitress whether it was big as I wasn't overly hungry and if it was big I would just have some of my boyfriends chips instead of getting my own... To my astonishment the waitress shouted at me saying "JUST GET YOUR OWN CHIPS " she then proceeded to go on about how girls always come in a just get a salad and just eat their boyfriends chips !! I was never so embarrassed when I looked around people on the near by tables were even looking ! To say she was the ruidest waitress I have ever come across is an understatement ! I even heard her being ruid the table next to us .. She didn't even give the little kids an option with desert and just said she would get them three ice creams with chocolate sauce ! I can honestly say I am disgusted by the service we received and I honestly regret not complaining to the manager ! I'm shocked at the managaement at captain Americas ! I honestly don't understand how you let your staff talk to paying customers like that!!! An absolute disgrace !!!!!!

1  Thank Niamh R
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Used to love coming here with the kids but the quaility of food has dropped significantly and the prices increased significantly kids meals gone from €4.95 to €6.95 and a tiny little pizza with no sides didn't fill my toddler the chips are frozen and overcooked and the service terrible