“A hidden gem”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This Japanese restaurant appears to be virtually unknown, and is often quiet. Hidden away on a 1st floor near the American embassy, it's also hampered by not having a decent website. However, it's well worth a visit. The food is top quality, and the proprietors exceedingly nice and helpful. Sushi and tempura are magnificent, and the soft-shell spider crab roll is simply magnificent. I can't recommend the place enough.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Prior to visiting Koishi I held the view that eating rice, seaweed and raw fish was something best left to the Japanese but now I am a convert. This restaurant is on the first floor of an unimposing building in Ballsbridge which I have often passed however while searching on trip advisor for a place to eat recently I saw that this place had received generally good reviews and decided to try it. From the moment of entering the restaurant the owners were welcoming, friendly and guided us through the menu and in fact we left the choice of food up to them as we were novices in relation to Japanese food. The food choices were excellent from the tuna, sea bass and salmon carpaccio to the prawn tempura. Every dish was fresh tasting with delicate flavours and simple presentation. The Indian owners have a genuine desire for their patrons to enjoy the food and this is obvious from their demeanour and their enquiries as to our enjoyment of the food. We will return.

Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

I was a little unsure about having sushi. Instead I went for the teriyaki chicken while my colleagues went for sushi and salmon teriyaki.. Excellent Pinot Grigio and the overall result was. " wow".. I'm a convert and will be back.. Simply superb.. A fun night with great food.

1  Thank MaritimoFoody
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Went last week as a group (4) and had unbelievably fresh sushi. It is probably the best I have had in Dublin to be fair. It is definatley worth a visit. Even for sushi novices the staff are very helpful taking time to explain in detail everything. Will definatley go again.

1  Thank simmyno8
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I had a take away once I arrived late in Dublin and needed something to eat. I was first a bit suspicious when I saw some Indian rather than Asian people owning the place but I must say the sushi was very, very good.The owner and his wife were also very friendly and e had a great chat while I waited for my sushi.
I would go back to this place and recommend it to others.

1  Thank Chica_ag