“Best sushi in Dublin and now best Indian” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best sushi in Dublin and now best Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

This was one of my favourite restaurants in Dublin-and by far the best sushi I have had;with every other sushi restaurant being compared to Koishi. Now, it has been revamped and reopened as an Indian restaurant just over a week ago. I simply had to try it out...and I was not disappointed. I brought my parents there today (not fussy, but they would not be used to Indian food) and my dad could not stop talking about how great the food was. He usually eats but never comments on how much he likes something...but when he kept repeating himself, I knew it was a hit. For me, I loved how rich the food tasted without being too overpowering, the flavours just blended and were harmonious! Service was as always exceptional and after nearly a year since I have seen the proprietors, they gave my parents and me a very warm welcome.
This is now to be my new favourite restaurant in Dublin and I had to write a review to recommend tis restaurant to others. Not only because I want them to succeed on their new venture but also because I want everyone to try it out and be delighted when they do!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Anna K

Rome, Italy
“Good sushi in Dublin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Went there almost 2 years ago, it was placed near our hotel. we unexpectedly enjoyed it so much that we returned there twice during our stay in Dublin! We love japanese food and we are very selective,but this place is completely approved! Would surely return in case of visiting Dublin again!

• Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“A Ballsbridge Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Located up a flight of stairs sandwiched between a very average Indian and a kebab shop, my expectations of Koishi were not high!

However I thought this restaurant was great. Not very busy - maybe everyone else is put off from the outside - but the service and the food were both excellent. Highly recommended and will definitely be back regularly. Guess I shouldn't have judged this book by its cover!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Ireland
“You have to try this restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

This place serves terrific, fresh food and the service is also excellent. The only negative thing I have to say about the place is that I wish I had heard about it sooner. I know the Ballsbridge area well but am ashamed to say I only found out about this place quite recently. It was quiet when we visited but the food was exceptional. We tried Maki, Tempura, Teryiaki, it was all excellent. Dinner wasn't cheap but was good value for the quality of food served, wine was excellent also. I highly recommend this place and hope that they push their advertising a bit stronger in future.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
dublin
“Best sushi I've had in Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I adore this lovely restaurant. The staff are so nice and the food is always fab. They make wonderful sushi and lots of other deliciousness!

Visited May 2013