“All in all, a nice experience”
Review of The Port House

The Port House
Ranked #246 of 2,728 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Located at 64A South William Street this beautiful and solely candle lit wine cavern has been stripped back to its original features. As a traditional Spanish tapas bar it boasts a fantastic selection of authentic tapas. The Port House wine menu is varied and full of interesting wines, ports and sherries at a very reasonable price, carefully selected from Spanish and Portuguese regions. It is the ideal place for one to relax, enjoy some tapas with a glass of wine and soak up the ambiance that makes this spot a must try.
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Ate here last night, 3of us.after reading so many mixed reviews i thought that I should post mine.
I found the staff quite friendly, contrary to alot of reports, we had no problem there at all.
I was recommended a lovely bottle of red wine by a nice waiter.
Most of the food we had was very nice, one thing, usually in tapa restaurants when you order bread you get a big basket, we ordered bread and we got 4 small slices, between 3of us!I'd rather pay 3-4 euro and get a nice big basket.
All in all it was quite a good overall experience and I would go back here again.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

The Port House was always a favourite of mine. Good decent sized portions and good service. I went this evening with two friends. I haven't been there in quite a while. Firstly I noticed they don't do the large size meatballs or bravas anymore. Instead they are tiny portions. I couldn't believe the size of the calamari portion. Absolutely tiny. They are all pinxto portions with full tapas prices. Very disappointing as this was one of my favourite haunts. The service wasn't great, and very pricey and I'm still hungry!

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Extremely disappointing experience with serious concerns about the quality of the food. Stale bread, rancid tomatoes, inedible croquettes, fish that smelt funny... I would continue, but I would rather forget. Would never ever go back and wouldn't recommend it even to my worst enemy.

1  Thank Ragazzi109
The Port House s, General Manager at The Port House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Good Afternoon Ragazzi,
I would like to discuss your review on tripadvisor about your experience at The Port House.
We treat all feedback seriously and look forward to hearing from you.
Please contact me directly on 01 6770298 / 086 375 4785
Alternatively you can email me: odile@porthouse.ie
Kind Regards,
Odile McCabe
The Port House
South William St

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We ate here recently and what a pleasant haven to find coming in from a busy wet dublin day. The girl behind the bar suggested a really nice red wine and we happily soaked it up along with the soothing ambience this place gives while we waited to be seated. They were busy but everyone seemed to be happy to be there and staff were happy to take the time and explain any questions we had about the menu. We ordered 3 tapas each which was plenty to fill us, one of the choices my friend got was a Spanish cheese that was just delicious. Overall the bill was good value for money and the place is so warm and relaxing it's hard to leave. Definitely will go back here.

1  Thank Hotpotot
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Been going to that place for about 6 years now, and I love it. Place is always buzzing,only downside is that hard to get table on a weekend, and they don't take bookings for 2 people.The atmosphere is great, food delicious ( garlic chicken skewers, fried aubergine, tortilla port house being my favourites), they also have an amazing wine list. Sangria is good, but You get better value getting a glass than a carafe (strange but true). Staff is always nice and attentive. Been here with my parents and many friends and they all loved it. I truly recommend!