“Great good in intimate bistro surroundings..will be back!”

Millstone Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 2,617 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Millstone Restaurant is located at the heart of the city centre on Dame street, directly opposite the central bank. Specialising in steaks, they offer 7 different cuts of meat with a great variety of other choices on their a la carte & early bird / set menu. With live background music 7 nights a week, Millstone has this unique ambience, perfect for couples dining by candlelight or for large group of friends using their private mezzanine that can take up to 30 people. Millstone Restaurant also offers an extensive gluten free menu. A great variety of choice and the comfort of knowing that their professional kitchen and waiting staff are highly trained in this area.
Dublin, Ohio
“Great good in intimate bistro surroundings..will be back!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had a fabulous night here last night. Atmosphere was friendly and there was quite a buzz to the place. All helped by the live music, singing and guitar music which was just quietly playing in the background and not intrusive in the least. We were welcomed by Justin the manager who was very chatty. Nice choice on the menu and one of our party was ordering steak a "Steak plate" was brought to our table so he could choose. I had the roasted veg and goats cheese parcel which was really tasty, others had the salmon. We couldn't fault our evening. We mentioned to Justin that we were sorry not to be there last week when Cliff Richard dined there (I'm a Cliff fan!) and we had a great chat about the evening they had had. Lots of guests apparently chatted with him and took photos and it sound like the restaurant coped extremely well with the whole night. This doesn't surprise me one bit. Seems to me that the staff all work very well as a team. As we settled our bill we were offered a free drink. Justin joked that Cliff would certainly have sent one over to us had we been there last week! All in all an extremely good night. This was just my second visit here but I'll certainly be back and recommending it to others.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank CarolShaw

• Finnish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Ok after long wait”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Ate in this restaurant tonight. Have been here before and returned due to super food and service. Unfortunately tonight I left this restaurant feeling down heartened and seriously doubt about returning again. Firstly had table booked but had to wait 40 mins to be seated. Appreciate it being a bank holiday weekend but to be informed a "celeb" was the cause of the delay is not acceptable. Why make such a fuss over those who will prob never be at your restaurant again instead of your local custom?? When we were finally seated and food arrived, all I can say is we were very disappointed. The head of house and waiting staff obviously noted this as we received a discounted bill but despite this,still left down hearted. Same could be noted from those seated around us. Special mention though to guy who was running the bar. His friendly, chatty persona was the only reason we stayed waiting for the table in the first place.

• Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Relish”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The food here is gorgeous and the atmosphere warm and inviting! Very close to Trinity College for those tourists. Excellent value for money.

• Visited August 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Delicious Lamb”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Nice restaurant, friendly servers. I ate the best lamb dish in this restaurant. The only drawback was they were out of Guinness.

Visited April 2014
“Amazing meal”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I was part of a group of 12 girls on a hen party. I booked via their website. We chose the early bird menu. We arrived slightly early for a booking but they sat us straight away. The waiting on staff were so friendly and approachable.
Many of our group couldn't decide whether to have a starter or a dessert so they suggested we share starters and desserts so we could get a sample of both. This was a great idea! The food was delicious. I had stuffed Yorkshire puddings which was filled with mushrooms and really tender beef with a lovely gravy. For main I had a chicken Kiev, was a large plate but the chicken was so tender and moist not at all dry. Everyone else was really complimentary of their food. We had no complaints.
For 12 of us 2 courses and 5 bottles of wine cost less than €30 which for Dublin is brilliant!
I would fully recommended going here. I would love to go back again.

2 Thank Sally P