“Really tasty meal”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Booked a table for 4 last friday and had incredibly tasty, well presented meal with excellent service, great wines and desserts too, Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

To my surprise a last minute phone call on a Saturday evening secured our reservation, on arrival the restaurant was not too busy but it did fill up as the night passed. We were greeted on arrival and shown to our seats at this stage service was great but unfortunately that is where it ended, service declined as the night went on and we could sense an atmosphere between waiting staff. On two occasions I seen waiting staff arguing with each other close to our table.

What the service lacked was certainly made up by the food. We were giving an amuse bouche (a complementary dish) this was a delightful gentle Thai broth with a little kick of spice. We then went ahead with our starters, Wood Pigeon , Tiger Prawn Tempura. Both dishes were delicious and technically superb. For mains we took John Stone Irish Beef Ribeye and TOWN signature Irish Paella. For me the highlight of the evening was yet to come. The dessert!!! I had the chocolate sphere this definitely was technically brilliant. A bit of magic... the waiter poured caramel over the sphere and it started to melt to revealed the raspberry sorbet inside.

I would rate this restaurant highly and picture it receiving a star one day. Only if service improves! This restaurant is perfect for a romantic night or special occasion. Price for 2, 3 courses plus wine €130

Reviewed 22 February 2014

My first time having pigeon (excellent) and overall the food was very good. I felt the service was also good if a tiny bit over-powering at times (it's actually ok to leave your customer alone for more than 5 mins by themselves without asking them if they need something). My guests also enjoyed and I look forward to eating there again.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I went to Town Kildare Street for lunch with my boyfriend. The starters were good especially the goat cheese. The mains were very disappointing and did not live up to expectations: prawns, and chicken breast. The dessert, the lemon tart, wasn't that good, the filling was ok but the crust was not pleasant.

The place would do with some cleaning, but it still keeps a romantic atmosphere. The service was attentive.

Overall average experience, and you can find better offers in Dublin for the same price.

2  Thank WKLIZE
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We visited this restaurant just before Christmas, about 20 of us went in total and were divided into two tables beside each other.

From the minute we arrived to the time we left the staff were great, even though the restaurant was full.

The food was some of the best food I have tasted and It would certainly warrant a return visit. The hostess was always available with more wine when the glasses went a bit low and never once in the entire evening was my glass empty.

Overall Town is a great restaurant with even better staff, even great for large groups of people.