“Very good, but overpriced”

The Bull & Castle by F.X. Buckley
Ranked #90 of 2,757 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$8 - US$66
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: F.X.BUCKLEY. Steakhouse at The Bull and Castle offers Ireland's best steaks, with the experience and knowledge of over 25 years of serving the perfect steak. We change our menus seasonally to reflect the best Irish produce and to ensure the highest quality in both our beef and local fresh seafood. We offer an extensive selection of beers from the beer hall with a wide menu of cocktails, premium spirits and wines. Our food dishes come with beer recommendations so you can fully enjoy our quality dishes with the beer that best suits.Our weekday lunch menu offers both healthy and tasty options at a reasonable price which appeals to all tastes. Our Butchers Bar is ideal for large groups and parties big or small.
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I had been to the Bull & Castle a few times before this visit, always with family; this time I was with friends who are beef connoisseurs from central Europe and I really wanted to impress them. The beef selection is wide and well-presented, and the cooking was excellent, though the service was inadequate: the nearly 45 minutes between placing the order and the arrival of the plates was especially trying. The overall experience was very good - my guests were bowled over by the quality of the beef - but the laggardly service really dampened the experience, and the prices are simply through the roof. If the waitstaff had been more professional, I am sure we would have been much more enthusiastic.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,280)

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Visited here last week for an informal dinner with work colleagues. The menu is varied with something for everyone but the steaks are their speciality. The food and service were second to none and it was very good value for money. Mussels, fillet steak and the rosemary & truffle oil chips are all highly recommended!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

After I spent three years in Texas, I am very picky about my steaks. At the Bull & Castle I found a pretty good steak with tasty sauces. Staff was friendly and the beer was good. A little disappointed by the baked potato. Prices were a little to high even if the steaks were good

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Get the Guinness Beef Stew....my daughter is still talking about it! Reasonably priced. Near Christ Church. You can roll down the hill to the Brazen Head after dinner.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Had a wonderful early afternoon meal of steak and a lovely vegetarian mushroom wellington. Excellent bar selection. Somewhat upscale environment compared to the typical Dublin pub (we sat lower level). We ate off the early bird menu which saved us some money. Food is pricey but if in your budget well worth it!