“Jazz Themed”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
PORT ALLEGANY
“Jazz Themed”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We discovered this restaurant amid a shopping area a short walk from our hotel, the North Star. A loss leader special is offered to lure you in. Bottled beers, but none on tap. Service was friendly and relaxed, not rushed. All four of us enjoyed our meals.

• Visited January 2014

“Good food...”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

...but we waited a little bit too long for service.
We are not very fussy but the guy brought my bottle of beer at the table still with the lid on and without a glass and started to go back, before I stopped him making him realize than my teeth were not strong enough to open the bottle! :-)
Apart from these small hitches, the food was really good, although I personally think that, being a Thai, it was a little pricey compared to other alternatives available in the city.
The restaurant is not very big so it's probably a good idea to book a table.

Straffan, Ireland
“Excellent food, terrible service”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Working in a college local to the area, I often arrange group events in local restaurants. I had heard good things about Thai Spice and brought a group of 16 people here for dinner on a quiet Tuesday evening - the restaurant was almost empty. The food was excellent but when it came to payment, the mood went sour very quickly. The manager refused to allow people to pay separately 'as the bill had already gone through' and thrust a calculator, notepad and pen at me and told me that we would need to work it out among ourselves, even after I said that there were a few who wanted to pay by card. She was concerned that they would come up short and I said I would give them my name, number and card and I would cover any difference. She still refused and when I reminded them that it was not my job, she said "we are just a restaurant, it is not our job either." I have never heard an excuse like that before! Of course it is easier to accept a group payment but sometimes it just is not practical so it should be Thai Spice's policy to ask a group booking at the beginning whether they would like to pay separately. If they forget, try to accommodate the customers rather than blaming them, being rude and inflexible and driving business away. We had to spend about 20 minutes figuring out who had what, what exactly everyone owed, and trying to allocate change to whoever needed it. It really spoiled what otherwise would have been a lovely meal. I won't be bringing anymore business to this place.

• Visited January 2014
Sint-Oedenrode, The Netherlands
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Very good restaurant! I've had a great appetizer and some of the best Noodles I have ever had. Very good meal, friendly staff and cheap.

Awesome value for money. I recommend anyone to go eat here.

Enjoy!

1 Thank Martijn P
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food all the time”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I eat here very regularly, my favourites are no 16 & 61, best thai red curry in Dublin, service is very friendly, price is great, not the best location but the food is so good.