“friendly welcoming delicious food nice staff”
Review of Lalis Restaurant

Lalis Restaurant
Ranked #1,565 of 2,618 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$22 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
England, Arkansas
“friendly welcoming delicious food nice staff”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

lali's has become a daily favorite of mine offering a variety of different Italian food such as pastas pizzas etc and a range of starters and desserts staff were very welcoming and on all of the trips i have taken to lali's i have not had any long waits this restaurant is top of the list for favorite restaurants

• Visited July 2013

Ireland
“Awful service, vile food, dirty cooking station”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We hadn't been in a couple of years and nostalgia for good Italian food brought us back to Lali's when we visited Portmarnock. What has happened to this once lovely restaurant? I hope it was just a blip but it was such an unpleasant experience, we would be very reluctant to return.

The menu offered many options. We chose main courses and some sides. None of it was great - we were hungry. We did not send it back so it was edible but not much more. My companion's pasta was lethally hot and looked awful. The verdict was it was tasteless. My calzone can only be described as 'vile' - full of raw peppers, four pieces of chicken and an industrial tasting tomato sauce. It took about two inches all around to find the filling and the pesto on top was disgustingly oily, not at all nice. The garlic bread was on sliced pan and had a strange after taste. The side salad was pathetic and serving it on a side plate was so dated. The Parmesan cheese seemed like a cheap, pre-grated, industrial version which is bought in rather than grated on the premises.

The staff was very nice but far from attentive. They were far too busy standing at the cooking station, enjoying their own company than being professional about their job. While there were only three tables occupied, it took quite a while to get someone to take our order. We had to ask for cheese without being offered it automatically. The plates were left in front of us for far too long. And I had to catch someone's attention to get the bill. Not once were we asked if everything was okay (which it most certainly was not). I went to the desk to pay by credit card. If you are going to have an open cooking station, keep it clean and maintained. If I had seen it prior to eating, I would not have stayed. For the first time in a very long time, I left no tip.

This was such a gem of a restaurant. I hope it gets back to where it once was because it had so much to be proud of. After our recent experience, however, it really needs some serious work, sharper customer service and reassessment of all ingredients used.

• Visited August 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Staying in a B and B up the road, we were having an evening stroll on the sunny beach when we spotted Lali's and called in for dinner. Good choice - everything is prepared to order and home-cooked. Top pizza and my wife thought the chicken stuffed with bacon in cream sauce one of her favourite dishes ever. Wine good and reasonably priced. It's not the world's fastest service, but worth the wait.

• Visited July 2013
dublin
“Not as expected”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Lali's is local and seeing as it was my dads birthday I decided against advise of going there instead of to Malahide. It was a Saturday evening. Even though it was not very busy, the service staff stuggled to cope. We were waiting almost 20 minutes between when we got the menus to actuelly having our order taken. We both had garlic mushrooms to start off with which weren't garlic mushrooms or did not feel like it but more like grilled mushrooms toshed around in a pan. My fathers steak was tasty but tough to eat. My pasta was very tasty though 2 slices of garlic bread was dissappointing.

We were finished a while and the waiting staff (in their own clothes which is poor) still did not come so we decided to forget desert and have coffees instead. I am all for taking your time having a meal but Lali's is not such a place. You can be seated very very close to the next couple which makes things kind of awkward. Overall we were almost 2 hours there which is too long for a meal such as this. I will take others advise and go elsewhere next time.

• Visited April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very good.”
Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

Haven't been in years. Went back for their famous chicken kiev and wasn't let down. Loads of garlic. Had kids and they all enjoyed. Very suitable for a nice family outing.