“Great food, great prices and fantastic staff”
Review of Joels Restaurant

Joels Restaurant
Ranked #416 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I go to Joels at least once a week with my wife and daughter, sometims with friends and family.

The food is tasty and there is a decent selection. They do a special of 10 main courses for €10 each from Monday to Friday. The choice is good and the portions are more then enough.

I can not say enough about the waiting staff. always friendly, always smiling and more then happy to help in any way they can. I have read a few negative reviews, however, I can honestly say that in the 20 years I have been going here, I have never had a bad experience either with the food or the staff.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

When we walked into Joels one Sunday afternoon our expectations went down a bit. The dated carpet and decor, the canteen-esque amount of tables in the central area. Um...

Seated quickly in a comfortable booth, I found the menu extensive. We both opted for a burger. They are very customisable here. I had the grilled chicken with the basic toppings of lettuce and tomato. It was delicious. Perfectly cooked and the sauce that comes on it was excellent. My partner enjoyed his beef burger a lot. He put more toppings on his too, which is included in the price.

The place was quite busy, especially with families. But after watching the floor staff, I realised the place is really well run. Like clockwork and as a result the service was great.

We will come back again in the future for sure.

Recommended.

1  Thank Cristin L
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have eaten here a number of times and always look forward to it. Both our starters were lovely as expected, the Caesar salad and the nachos. We both order the noodles with spring onion sauce. The noodles were burnt and covered in soy sauce. It looked like we were eating black muck. We have had the noodles before and they were not like this. We didn't complain because when we were left sitting for 30 minutes from our starter to main, we mentioned it to our server who snapped at us and told us there was a 15 minute wait between courses. As we were on a romantic meal out, I was not going to ruin it any further with an argument. Very disappointed. We were sorry we didn't eat in the Louis Fitzgerald where we were staying!

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Joel's is a lovely restaurant, from the layout to the food. Can be a bit of a wait sometimes but the food is worth the wait :)

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have been to this restaurant several times and each time it was lovely. What it does it does well. The menu may not change but you always know what you are going to get. This a great restaurant for children and large groups. Staff are always friendly and helpful.