“The best trip ever”

Ranked #23 of 118 Outdoor Activities in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I went to visit Northern Ireland with the best driver ever Richard O’Brien. He explained us everything in a so professional and so funny way that I will never forget the history of the Northern Ireland. Thanks to him it was the best trip ever! Thank you so much Richard!
Sara Romaniello

Write a ReviewReviews (7,097)
All reviews
in 50 reviews
"black taxi tour"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My friend and I did the Cliff of Moher tour and we had an amazing time. Our guide Richard O'Brien was very informative and made the trip even more enjoyable. My friend started off the trip not feeling well and Richard made accommodations to help her feel better. He had a great sense of humor and was all around great. The tour through the towns and the views were well worth the trip. Highly recommend this tour. He also introduced us to Fred.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Nice trip but the guide is only a driver who doesn't give much information. The bus doesn't have conditionated air and do two travel hours sweating is not the best thing that I would suggest to any person.

2  Thank Andrea R
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Do not pay 35€ for the one-day Connemara-Galway Tour which is a huge scam !!!
We did not even stop at Connemara to enjoy the landscapes, we just sat on the bus who drove us through Connemara mountains, those of us who fell asleep on the bus therefore missed everyting ! The guide didn’t even inform us that we wouldn’t stop and didn’t even precise that we arrived in Connemara, there were people who didn’t even know we were in Connemara and were full of remorse at the end of the day as they couldn’t take their pictures.
Arrived at Cong Village, the driver stopped the bus way too far from the Ashford castle and we didn’t have enough free time to walk to the place which was way too far from where we stopped and what the guide said it would take us in time to reach there.
Eventually we just had 1h40 instead of 2h stop at Galway city.
No Wifi on the bus, very blurred indications from the guide which resulted in a waste of time as we had to find the road at the three sites instead of enjoying the place, no provided food.

I just have one Word: SCAM !

I’ll never take Paddywagon anymore !

2  Thank Lhedgehog Q
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We had a short time in Ireland and we really wanted to visit Belfast and take a murals and historical tour when we got there - Paddy Wagon Tours had exactly what we wanted including access to Black Cab Tours once in Belfast - the tour included a stop at Monasterboice Celtic-Christian ruins, the Titanic Experience and various sites along the way. For 45€ on-line special including a 20€ access to the Titanic Experience the price was ridiculously inexpensive.

Our main interest in the tour was to ensure a good tour in Belfast with a highly rated company. My research indicated the Black Cab tours were sometimes a hit and miss so I organized another company for a tour in an old fashioned black or white cab. After talking with our driver he confirmed that Black Cab tours would be the best and that they indeed have black cabs available for the tour so I cancelled the other company. There were 7 in our Paddy Wagon tour and when we got to Belfast we were all shoved into a 7 passenger mini van taxi (3 seats facing backwards, knee to knee) and no it wasn’t a Black Cab as promised (see pic). Unfortunately you could barely see anything out of the small windows so any highlights pointed out were not seen. The information provided by our driver Ken when he stopped (who told us several times he had been doing this for 25 years) was actually very informative and impactful. At 15€ each for a one hour tour, Ken did pretty well at 105€. 2 cabs should have been provided (our driver who coordinated the tour should have ensured this) or if we had known we would not have gone with Paddy Wagon’s choice of company.

Our driver, Joe was a pleasant fellow and the information he provided was very interesting. Joe emphasized timeliness and we know that other clients in other reviews criticize the drivers for that requirement but we LOVE it and so did all of our party. Nothing worse than being held up by inconsiderate late people.

All in all I would definitely recommend Paddy Wagon tours - especially for the price and variety of tours. I would have given a 5* rating but the recommended Black Cab experience was a disappointment in part.