“quite disappointed”

Ranked #539 of 2,546 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$25 - US$49
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“quite disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was there with some friends in a night out on a Friday. We ordered some Mexican food and "Spanish tapas" but I didn't find it good at all. I would recommend to have only drinks as cocktails were not too bad. If you want some food go to the Italian Quarter just few steps away instead.

• Visited December 2013

• Hungarian first
Harrow, United Kingdom
“Lucky Chance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

During a long weekend in Dublin12/06 -16/06 we found out that there was going to be some jazz outside some Italian restaurants in Middle Abbey.The music was good but nothing in the menu of the place we went to inspired us to order. we forsook the music and happened upon Cactus Jacks.
What a lucky break. I think I had one of the best Tex Mex meals for a long time. I assure you this is not the Mojitos talking although they oiled the wheels of enjoyment.
One of our party was a Tex Mex virgin. By the end of the evening we had a convert.
The restaurant was clean airy with comfortable tables and the music at the right volume to create a great atmosphere.
The waiting staff could not do enough for us.
We went there two days before we were leaving so did not have an opportunity to return mores the pity.
It will be the first palce we go to on our return to Dublin.

“Surprise party.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Organised a surprise party for my partner last night in Cactus Jacks. had 14 of our friends meet us in the restaurant last night before we arrived. Had a great night Dinner was for 6:45. Early Bird ended at 7. 3 Courses for E20. Food was very tasty, Excellent value. Great night had by all

“Great lunch menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I visited this place at lunchtime with a group of colleagues as we work nearby. They have a great lunch special whereby almost all main or 3 tapas are only €10!
Food was good, although not he most amazing Mexican I've had. The fajitas though were served with a ton of chicken which was great as a lot of other places tend to fill up the plate with veg!
Service was a little slow, but it was lunchtime so to be expected plus we were a group of 5.
Would I return for lunch? Yes
Would I return for dimmer? Probably not.

Dublin, Ireland
“Great Mexican Food in Dublin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was my first visit to Cactus Jack's in Dublin and I was very pleasantly surprised.
The food was excellent, the portions size was spot on and it was delivered in a timely and friendly manner. Myself and my wife shared some cheese nacho's for starters. I had the Chicken Enchiladas for mains and she had chicken fajitas.
I had been to the Galway restaurant many times in the past and liked the place.
I was surprised how nice an atmosphere was in the restaurant as well.
What made the experience even better was the fact I had a group on voucher so only paid half price. I have no hesitation in recommending the restautant

• Visited May 2014
joedunne, Owner at Cactus Jacks, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Hi Trevor

Thank you for your very kind words, they mean a lot.

Cheers