The Italian Connection
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Operating since 1995, this family run business is casual and welcoming. We pride ourselves on our excellent food with fast and friendly service. Depending on the time of day, the atmosphere ranges from quiet and relaxing to noisy and buzzing. We offer great value lunch and early bird specials, making it ideal for a quick lunch or pre theatre get together. Our a la carte menu is available all day from 12 noon to 10pm and we also offer a full wine list and beer. So whether Dublin is your home or you are visiting our fair city, make a date with The Italian Connection.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

By walking on Talbot street, we saw cute small Italian restaurant, which looks really busy, people are waiting on street to get a table. we decide to wait a little and have a dinner. We was pleasantly surprised with atmosphere inside and with hospitable stuff.
We eat pastas and I can tell that was one of the best pastas ever. Except of food, I can give all compliments to really pleasant waiting stuff, which make our time in this restaurant really nice.
We will visit this restaurant again and we can recommend it to all Italian food fans.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our waitress was rude and when she brought the bill nothing was itemized. We were definitely overcharged with no description.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I went to The Italian Connection to have lunch and I could say that the Spaghetti was delicious!
Very good starter and not so expensive as well..

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Pasta was overcooked, the bruschetta didnt look like a bruschetta, pizza was small and terrible tasting.

There are lots of good restaurants in dublin. This is not one of them...

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just had dinner there tonight. I was looking for something close to St. Mary's Pro Cathedral. We went there after the 6:30 Sunday mass. Upon entering I had high hopes, but that quickly faded. The overall look of the place is fine, but the food and service were very lacking. The "Early Bird" option sounded attractive. For 15 euro you could have one of 4 appetizers, select from about 6 meals, and it included a glass of wine. I got the minestrone soup, which wasn't good at all and Mom got the garlic bread. The bread was the only part of the meal that Mom liked. I ordered the chicken dish that was supposed to have a lemon sauce. It came out as a small piece of chicken smothered with this yellowish, thick sauce. There was a "salad" on the plate as well, this consisted of a huge slice of tomato, a cucumber slice, green pepper wedges and a chunk of iceberg lettuce. I've had several chicken dishes w/lemon variations, and I would have to say this was the worst I've ever had. The chicken was tough and the sauce was tolerable, but nothing more. It reminded me of food you would get at a diner. I can't really critique my mom's meal because it wasn't what she thought she ordered, so she really didn't eat it. We both thought that she had ordered Chicken Parmigiana, but it was just the parmigiana. When we asked the bar tender waitress about a mistake in our order, she was very rude about it and said that they don't have chicken parmigiana anywhere on the menu and walked away in a huff. The other waitress either was new or didn't understand English very well (or maybe both). Overall, not a place that I would recommend to anyone. Dublin is full of other restaurants which I'm sure serve a better meal and offer you more friendly service.