“Good value Italian”

Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Operating since 1995, this family run business is casual and welcoming. We pride ourselves on our excellent food with fast and friendly service. Depending on the time of day, the atmosphere ranges from quiet and relaxing to noisy and buzzing. We offer great value lunch and early bird specials, making it ideal for a quick lunch or pre theatre get together. Our a la carte menu is available all day from 12 noon to 10pm and we also offer a full wine list and beer. So whether Dublin is your home or you are visiting our fair city, make a date with The Italian Connection.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

There are lots of Italian eateries in Dublin, and we chose this one at random on a Sat evening.
It was a very good choice, very reasonable prices, good friendly service and quickly served plentiful very tasty food. I would certainly return here if in Dublin again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend had been coming back from a long journey around Ireland where we always ate typical Irish food. After two week we would have liked to find an italian restaurant because we had been missing a lot the "simple" and healtly italian food! (sorry guys, but italian food is the best)
We found this small but very nice restaurant and here we are!! Delicious italian food, served with quality ingredients like olive oil and nothing else of not necessary.. Good pasta with natural dressing. Rich salads. Perfect for us!
We came back other two time, one night also for a pizza (also it was pretty good).

Finally, it's cheaper for a quality restaurant!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

On my last day in Ireland I stumbled on this place as it was only a few blocks from my hotel, north of the River Liffey. It's not the only Italian place on Talbot, but I liked the menu more than the others, and peeking into it I found it an attractive eatery. It was an odd time for lunch, about 4 pm on a Sunday in late May, but I had taken a train earlier in the day from Galway, checked into The Townhouse (excellent place to stay by the way) and noted that the pub closest to it advertised "trad" music at 5:30 pm (great bar, not very great music that day at least). I was hungry as I'd not eaten since breakfast, but I was a bit worn down by Irish cuisine. I had time to kill so I stopped in at the Italian Connection.

And was very pleased with my choice. It seems to be family-run, though I didn't ask. The woman who waited on me was clearly of Italian origin, and very pleasant about what I might like on the menu. It was very simple for me, as I had seen on the menu outside that their Margherita pizza was "authentic" with fresh basil. Exactly what I wanted and ordered, along with a salad and a glass of red wine.

The pizza didn't strike me as precisely "authentic" when it was served, at least not what I'd got used to eating during several visits to Italy, and no evidence of fresh basil, until I cut into it There was indeed basil, placed under the tomatoes and cheese. So while not completely "authentic" in my view, it was VERY tasty. The salad served with it was just right, not overwhelmingly large, nice and fresh, and the house red was more than acceptable.

I ate with relish, and was checked on by the hostess and by another server, a young woman of Asian origin. I found that I couldn't finish the pizza, so they happily wrapped it. Having lunch so late I knew I'd not want a full meal later in the evening, so I was able to take the rest back to my room and have it as a light, cold supper (I love cold pizza, don't you?)

I had looked over the rest of the menu before I entered the place, and in addition to a wide variety of pizzas there was a similarly wide choice in pastas. And of course there were secondi as well, tasty looking dishes of meat and seafood.

So if you ever find yourself on Talbot and craving rather good food served in a friendly manner and brought quickly to your table, I'd definitely suggest the Italian Connection! Buon Appetito and Grazie! to the staff!

1  Thank DottoreGianni
Reviewed 27 June 2014

By walking on Talbot street, we saw cute small Italian restaurant, which looks really busy, people are waiting on street to get a table. we decide to wait a little and have a dinner. We was pleasantly surprised with atmosphere inside and with hospitable stuff.
We eat pastas and I can tell that was one of the best pastas ever. Except of food, I can give all compliments to really pleasant waiting stuff, which make our time in this restaurant really nice.
We will visit this restaurant again and we can recommend it to all Italian food fans.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our waitress was rude and when she brought the bill nothing was itemized. We were definitely overcharged with no description.