I was a bit worried having stayed in hotels before in the south but my goodness this changed my view the hotel was beautiful set back of the road with views over the pier an sea with easy access to and from the dart 2 mins walk to local town market and 5 mins from town centre the staff were amazing the receptionist Sinead was really helpful and just lovely.
Breakfast was lovely sitting over looking the sea and the busy pier was just beautiful great selection of food on offer all of a high standard.
Room was small but very clean.
Beautiful walks all around town and plenty of information available at the reception area.
Great place to stay and I will be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the seafront in Dun Laoghaire, Haddington House has panoramic views of Dublin Bay. Originally four Victorian townhouses the hotel began its life as Haddington House, a finishing school for girls, before being converted into a hotel in the 1950s. We are continuing to develop the hotel property but in keeping with the unique heritage of the building. Our fifty en suite bedrooms have flat screen multi-channel TV's, free WiFi, Nespresso coffee machines, digital radios, hair dryers and filtered still and sparkling water. Our newer 'Classic' and 'Deluxe' rooms also come with an in-room safe, a mini fridge stocked with fresh milk, as well as a complimentary Irish Times. Most of the rooms in these categories also have spectacular sea views. Oliveto, the award-winning restaurant with views of the sea, serves Italian-inspired fare and is extremely popular so booking is highly recommended. There's also two unique events spaces: The Library Bar and Oak Room, a lobby bar and a buzzy garden overlooking the sea complete with a Hut Bar. The location is hard to beat with Dun Laoghaire DART station just a 5-minute walk away which provides regular rail connections to Dublin's city centre. The Aviva Stadium and the RDS can be reached after a 10-minute DART rail journey. If you're staying in the area, we have partnered up with a number of local businesses so guests can enjoy discounts on activities. The beautiful village of Dalkey is a short trip down the coast and is great for an afternoon's ramble. Directly opposite us is the historic east pier which was built especially for the arrival of Queen Victoria in 1900. Around the corner is the National Maritime Museum and the James Joyce Tower made famous by Ulysses is just a 5-minute walk away. If you fancy a dip, we'll supply you with towels for a visit to the well-known swimming spot, the 40 foot (beware of the seals!) We look forward to welcoming you to Haddington House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, HostelWorld, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Haddington House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingston Hotel dún Laoghaire
- Haddington House Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin, Ireland