Spent a long weekend in this hotel. The room was adequate if a little tired, bed was comfy and it was generally clean and tidy. We had a room overlooking the sea front, which was pleasant however the Dart (railway) runs directly in front of the hotel and it is noisy. It runs quite late in the evening and starts again very early in the morning. The sea front bedrooms are also above the bar which can also be noisy. The staff however are very friendly and helpful, calling cabs for us and making our stay very pleasant. There are good walks and a great market on Sunday at the peoples park. We booked this through booking .com- not a good idea we could have got it cheaper if we had booked direct. Breakfast was okay but limited choice and self service which I hate, and no brown sauce! Had a great meal in the restaurant- excellent food and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the seafront in Dun Laoghaire, The Haddington has panoramic views of Dublin Bay. Originally four Georgian townhouses the hotel began its life as Haddington House, a finishing school for girls, before being converted into a hotel in the 1950s. We are continuing to develop the hotel property but in keeping with the unique heritage of the building. Our fifty en suite bedrooms have flat screen multi-channel TV's, free WiFi, Nespresso coffee machines, digital radios, hair dryers and filtered still and sparkling water. Our newer 'Classic' and 'Deluxe' rooms also come with an in-room safe, a mini fridge stocked with fresh milk, as well as a complimentary Irish Times. Most of the rooms in these categories also have spectacular sea views. The location is hard to beat with Dun Laoghaire DART station just a 5-minute walk away which provides regular rail connections to Dublin's city centre. The Aviva Stadium and the RDS can be reached after a 10-minute DART rail journey. If you're staying in the area, we have partnered up with a number of local businesses so guests can enjoy discounts on activities. The beautiful village of Dalkey is a short trip down the coast and is great for an afternoon's ramble. Directly opposite us is the historic east pier which was built especially for the arrival of Queen Victoria in 1900. Around the corner is the National Maritime Museum and the James Joyce Tower made famous by Ulysses is just a 5-minute walk away. If you fancy a dip, we'll supply you with towels for a visit to the well known swimming spot, the 40 foot (beware of the seals!). In the hotel lobby you can kick back with a coffee or sip cool cocktails in our new Lobby Bar or you might like to dine in Oliveto, our popular Italian restaurant with an amazing view (booking highly recommended). There's also two unique events spaces: The Library Bar and Oak Room, and a buzzy garden overlooking the sea complete with a Hut Bar. We look forward to welcoming you to The Haddington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your The Haddington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingston Hotel dún Laoghaire
- The Haddington Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin, Ireland