“You must stay here, everything at your door step”
Review of Windsor Lodge B&B

Windsor Lodge B&B
Ranked #2 of 20 Dun Laoghaire B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The beautiful bay at the end of the street one way and the dart shops , pubs , eateries at the other end of the street. Mary the host was lovely and cooked us up a lovely breakfast every morning. My wife and I highly recommend this place to anyone. The room was very well appointed, the bed was comfortable and huge and nice and quiet.
Internet connection was very good and fast.

Room Tip: If your catching the air coach from the air port, make sure they drop you off the stop after the cit...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at Windsor Lodge on August 7 and 8. I was concerned when I walked in the room and it looked like the beddding had been pulled up and just thrown together. Mary was nice enough but seemed to always be in a hurry and not wanting to engage when asked questions. The entire time there I just didn't feel like there was alot of energy put into making visitors feeling comfortable as we have experienced in other B&B's in Ireland. The bedding just didn't seem fresh and the final confirmation of this was when I found hairs (that were not mine) in the bed on the day I left. Glad I didn't see this on my arrival. Needless to say, we were very disappointed in our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kristen B
Reviewed 10 July 2013

So we didn't want to drive in Dublin and we found the WIndsor Lodge. And we are glad we did.
The place was easy to get to by car.
Our room was clean and neat. It had a good bed.
From the room we could see a huge cathedral. nice.
the owners were gracious and helpful.
Breakfast was delicious.
It is a 3-4 minute walk to the train station and a 25 minute ride into dublin.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ebromon
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Trip - Sept 2012. Solo 30yr old woman traveler. Travel by public transit only.

I decided to stay in Dun Laoghaire when visiting Dublin and I'm very glad I made that choice. Windsor Lodge was within easy walking distance from a DART station (less than 5 minutes). The DART ride was ~20 min to Dublin. Windsor was on a very quiet street about half a block from the ocean. The sea air was lovely and you can walk for quiet a while on a sidewalk along the ocean. The rooms were slightly larger than other B&B's I stayed at in Ireland. The in-room shower and facilities were nice. There was a large garden area outside which I didn't sit in because it was wet and cold but it looked very inviting. Breakfast was good and large (as usual!). Mary helped me figure out train/bus schedules and let me use her phone as well.

Highly recommend this place if you want a cheaper, quiet place that still has easy access to Dublin.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Janelle C
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I booked 3 Austrian visitors into Windsor Lodge so that they could enjoy their short stay in Dublin, in this quiet neighbourhood, with easy access to the DART light rail system to the city centre, and walks on the seafront and Dun Laoghaire pier. They were not disappointed. The Aircoach from Dublin airport leaves guests close by, with about a 5-minute walk. The hostess is most helpful in advising about the excellent restaurants nearby in Glasthule and Dun Laoghaire.

They day they were leaving was very wet, so we arranged a taxi to take them to the city centre bus depot with their luggage, which cost €30, but was better than having them take their luggage on the DART.

They were delighted with their accommodation, and the price was reasonable for the excellent accommodation in this Victorian house that has kept many of its original features while adding modern day comforts.

Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Isabelle_Smyth
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I spent 1 night in the Windsor Lodge this week. At 70 euro for a double room with breakfast it was good value. The owners are welcoming and the room was large and bright. My booking showed a twin room but the beds were pushed together - this was no problem as I was sharing with my daughter.Very clean room and ensuite. One minute walk from the DART station at one end and the seafront at the other. A couple of minutes walk from the shops, pub and eating places in the village or 11 minutes to the main shops in Dun Laoghaire. Full Irish breakfast on offer plus the usual cereals etc.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank JUNEYD
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed at Windsor Lodge for one night whilst waiting for the ferry to return to England. It was a perfect place to stay for that -- very close to the port, in a nice neighbourhood, with comfortable room and a very good breakfast. Tony and Mary were very welcoming. We went for a pleasant walk on the seaside nearby in the morning. All in all, perfectly satisfactory. Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple