“Very Disappointing”

Rochestown Lodge Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dun Laoghaire
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed last week for my husbands birthday. It was a Supervalu Spa break which included b/b one evening meal and a €50 voucher each towards the Spa. We spent €85 on 2 massages which were quite forgettable and staff refused to honour the balance of €15, we were told to take it up with Reception or Supervalu. The Spa itself is in need of a good cleaning, wax stuck to tables, trashy magazines over a year old and the customer service left a lot to be desired. Our room was small and quite stuffy with no air conditioning. Food was probably the best thing about the hotel but still just average. Dont stay here! there are much better value hotels around. I would never put this as a 4* hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Histy13
There are newer reviews for Rochestown Lodge Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 23 August 2014

First impressions were not impressive but staff are warm and friendly rooms are adequate and comfortable. Spa is very welcome "freebie" with pool, hydro pool, jacuzzi , steam room and sauna at no extra cost.
Part of package was free 3 course evening meal which was superb.

WARNING. I booked this through Laterooms.com Two room for 3 nights, breakfast, free evening meal Cost 720 Euro
When I got to hotel I discovered same package was available from the hotel OR their website for 540 Euros.
I put in a complaint under Late rooms Price Promise but was informed the Price Promise ONLY applies IF you complain BEFORE you stay in hotel. They were not interested in my complaint in fact despite contacting their customer relations to take it further I recieved an e mail from them saying as far as they were concerned the matter was resolved.
I will NOT be using Laterooms again.
Tip before any booking check hotels own site for better value

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank foxyroybelfast
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed in the Rochestown Lodge for a weekend get away, the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are very well proportioned and I loved the big comfy bed. I will definitely stay here again when staying in Dublin.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

First impressions wasn't great; lots of smokers in the outdoor smoking area next to main entrance. Being greeted by smoke fumes wasn't exactly what I excepted with a hotel which boosts about health, leisure and spa! Section the far right end for the smokers and the remaining non smoking.

Room: mattress was showing throughout stay, unsure if maid was at fault for bed making or sheets were too small? Rusty bath hand rail and shower rail, broken unchained plug and mould around bath areas and some damp mould on ceiling, no ectractor fan. Wi-fi dropped connection many times. No-Air-con. The lights above beds were of a poor design;I wanted to read without disturbing my husband but was unable to. The light shades were clear frost which did not shade any light, there was no soft mood light but bright glarey bright lights!

General maid service was good, complimentary tea/coffee sachets and bottled water topped up and supplied daily. Hairdryer and iron and ironboard supplied too.

Evening meals in restaurant was hearty dishes, big portions but not fine dining. Breakfast consists of a buffet; some fruit, packeted cereals, some juices (not fresh), some pastries, cartoned yoghurt, tinned fruit. Cooked food must be ordered:Irish breakfast and other combinations, my breakfast was O.K. but I have eaten much better out of Ireland!

Restaurant de-core was washes of brown on walls and furniture, lacks style and needs some interior injection! Some seats have not been wiped down for several days, there were crumbs left there from previous diners.

The bar had similar decore. Lunch food was good. Seems like the older locals drink there, not much of atmosphere during the day but it picks up in the evening. Gym wasvery well equipped surprisingly, you could join workout classes, the pool was O.K. but you need to wear a swimming hat or hire one for 6 euros and you must bring your own pad lock, I think the hotel should supply these to their guests free of charge.

Well located in terms of buses to areas close and to Dublin but it's approx 1 hr bus ride away. There are a few restaurants and shops within 10 mins walk. Overall, I think this place is for the fuss free general traveller, but not if you want the wow factor, it's the staff that makes this hotel, the place needs some finer finishing touches. Staff are very friendly and good customer service all round.

1  Thank moimoiw
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I would like to first congratulate the Management and Staff for a great weekend. When we first arrived at reception we were greeted with a smile and very polite receptionist, we had paid for a 10 euro extra upgrade to our room which we would advise other guests to do so. Room was very clean and spacious with all the mod cons you would expect in your room ie iron, hair dryer, tea/ coffee and free bottle of water. Staff at breakfast in the morning were very well organised and quick service, breakfast was beautiful. We had dinner on our second night which was a good choice food was unreal and again staff could not do enough for you. Music in the bar at night was good craic and Ciaran who was behind the bar as well as every where else kept a smile on everyones face with his humor and chat. Our room was above the bar to the front of the hotel where we slept with the window open at night and you could not hear a sound, maybe the good pints helped. Overall our stay was one of the best we have had for a long time and we hope to go back before to long. To the Management and Staff thank you and keep up the good work . Paul & Caroline Madine

Room Tip: Pay the extra few euros for upgrade
2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night to celebrate my wifes birthday . Booked one night b&b and paid £20 to upgrade the room to a suite . The room was big with a massive bed , table and a two seater sofa as well as a large bathroom . We also used the leisure facilities and enjoyed the pool and the jacuzzi . We ate in the bar and the food was excellent and well priced . Had a great night in the bar and the hotel entertainment was good . Staff friendly . Breakfast was ok , usual fare . Would return as I would like a wee run round Dun Laoghaire as it looked like a lovely area .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

if you looking just for sleep, not leisure it is ok, saturtday evening pool is close at 7 , it is very bad , not looking for eat or drink so early, or go to bed .. furniture very poor, look like office .. was funny ..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
The Beacon
The Beacon
#1 of 2 in Sandyford
Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin

Been to Rochestown Lodge Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!