We stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. Check-in was meant to be 2pm but we arrived on an early flight and were able to check in 3 hours early which was very convenient.
The room was spacious and homely but there were marks on the wall and the bed covering that had been overlooked on maintenance. There was an annoying buzzing noise when the card was in to turn the electricity on which meant we had to leave it off overnight, and the noise from the adjoining room was unbearable on our first night. However, after mentioning it at reception the next morning we were informed that the people were checking out and any issues could be dealt with at the time should such an occurrence arise again.
Breakfast was good but the service was poor. The staff were incredibly reluctant to come over to the table which meant exaggerated waving was required to get their attention. We weren't asked if we wanted tea or coffee when we sat down on the first morning, but this was better on the second day.
The overall decor of the hotel is fabulous, the cafe area is bright and comfortable and the bar has a friendly atmosphere. The pool was lovely and we especially enjoyed the hydro pool. We thought the compulsory swimming hats could have been free of charge rather than having to purchase one to swim, but other than that the facilities were pleasant and well maintained.
An enjoyable stay, we would recommend this hotel and would consider staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in history and a favourite with the locals, this landmark Hotel is an impressive sight on the Dun Laoghaire skyline. Since 1828, a Dublin Hotel has occupied the site now occupied by the Royal Marine Hotel. With 228 Bedrooms, 14 Dedicated Meeting Rooms and a Conference Centre as well as The Pier Health Club and sananaSPA; the Royal Marine Hotel has it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Marine dún Laoghaire
- Hotel Royal Marine
- Royal Marine Hotel Dublin
- Royal Marine Hotel Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin, Ireland