I got the voucher through Applegreen and all i can say is ''oh my god - heavenly'' is the only word to describe it .
23/04/2012 - I had the Mud Chamber Treatment - Treat your body to a soothing mud cleansing ceremony, where self applied seaweed based mud cleanses and revives your body. 30mins - €25 per person
WHAT IT IS :
After changing into your bathing suit/ bikini - and wrapping yourself into gowns ,You are brought to a room within the thermal suite - which seats 2 people - the scenario is explained . you're given a bowl of premixed - what looks like potters clay - and told to rub it in - the first 10mins is basically you putting the clay on yourself , then the main light is switched off so your rubbing in the mixture to your skin in pretty much darkness - then 10 mins later an orange light comes on and what looked like a shelf unit starts to make a strange noise and starts to spew out a lot of steam that is scented with i think lavender and i think i could smell eucalytus in it also.
The room gets quite full with the steam and the seats that you are seating on are lovely and heated - which is a bonus -- you just lie back and relax for the 10 mins.
A blue light comes on and the shower head above you starts kicking out what i wouldn't say was freezing water but it does shock a little when not expecting it- this also lasts 10 mins
so once it stops the main light comes back on and this is the end of your treatment
Once finished there - i went to the Heated relaxers- which are shaped to mould your body to it -- nice and chilled out there =
i then went to the aroma room - steam room with scented oils in water - this was nice but not much steam = minus point
i took the tropical mist shower - very little mist - shower heads must be blocked only coming out small bit of shower = minus
Rain shower = really cold - no adjuster for temp on it -- good for some people
i used the ice chips to rub into my skin before going into sauna -- which again was good = could do with a themometer and egg timer for people to use
Once finished in this area i went into the lounge area - they had a great selection of teas and coffee and water available - two tables and six chairs
On either side of the room -- one room called float had 3 water beds -- which i didnt get to use as there were 2 people fast asleep and the 3 bed had someones belonging spread over it -- which isnt right considering the person had gone into main treatment area
the other side is Relax -- these contain just normal beds so didnt try them out
I had some lemon tea and took to reading a magazine which was 2 yrs out of date -- they should try to keep magazines up to date - month or two latest
all in all the experience was great - apart from few little things that could be improved
- apart from that i hope to be back soon
A range of indulgent treatments are on offer at the Sansana Spa including a rock sauna, a mud room and experience showers.Sansana Spa has 9 treatment rooms, a unique water-bed relaxation room, a rock sauna and a rasul mud room. There are experience showers, an aroma steam room and a room for manicures and pedicures. The Uspa Skincare range from Australia is used
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in history and a favourite with the locals, this landmark Hotel is an impressive sight on the Dun Laoghaire skyline. Since 1828, a Dublin Hotel has occupied the site now occupied by the Royal Marine Hotel. With 228 Bedrooms, 14 Dedicated Meeting Rooms and a Conference Centre as well as The Pier Health Club and sananaSPA; the Royal Marine Hotel has it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Marine dún Laoghaire
- Hotel Royal Marine
- Royal Marine Hotel Dublin
- Royal Marine Hotel Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin, Ireland