I did not get to see or use much of the hotel's facilities in my short visit - a couple of nights on business. Here are a few things I could comment on:
- location is great for walks (East Pier and a park nearby, with some nice restaurant within walking distance too. Easy to reach from the airport; 10 Euros and 40 minutes on a comfortable bus with WiFi
- the old wing is architecturally impressive, both the interior and the outside. However, if you get a room in the new block with the window looking into the internal yard you won't have much fun. OK, was not a problem for me as I don't spend much time looking out of the window of my hotel room :-)
- breakfast room is great, airy with nice views - partly spoiled right now by the building works outside. Breakfast itself is very nice, the staff attentive and fairly prompt. They do remind you tat you have more options than the buffet, and I recommend indeed ordering one of their omelettes.
- the room was perfectly satisfactory, clean and functional. I second someone's comment in this thread about mirrors - there not a singe one properly positioned for shaving. It's either not accessible at a close enough distance, or has no light next to it. Please work on the design... Also the towel rail collapsed in my room, same as someone observed already.
- WiFi in the rooms is free, well organised and pretty fast
- The gym is perfectly equipped and is highly commended
- If you are going to use the pool ( I did not have time) be warned - they insist on customers wearing flip-flops and swimming caps. Which can be bought from the hotel; I have not seen such rip-off activity anywhere in the world, does not go well with the image of Royal Marine.
Finally, I'd like to thank Agne and her colleagues in the accommodation team for prompt and efficient handling of the property left behind - it was mailed to me the next day and their efforts are greatly appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in history and a favourite with the locals, this landmark Hotel is an impressive sight on the Dun Laoghaire skyline. Since 1828, a Dublin Hotel has occupied the site now occupied by the Royal Marine Hotel. With 228 Bedrooms, 14 Dedicated Meeting Rooms and a Conference Centre as well as The Pier Health Club and sananaSPA; the Royal Marine Hotel has it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Marine dún Laoghaire
- Hotel Royal Marine
- Royal Marine Hotel Dublin
- Royal Marine Hotel Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin, Ireland