Royal Marine Hotel
US$123
US$119
Orbitz.com
Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin(Killiney)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$118
Travelocity
US$146
US$125
Travelocity
Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin(Blackrock)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$132
Haddington House(Dun Laoghaire)
TripAdvisor
2,256 results
All reviewsdun laoghairesea viewhardy's bardart stationdublin baybeautiful hotelhardy barexecutive roomleisure centrean upgradeenjoyable staylovely roombar fooddublin airportspabrayireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Such history in this hotel! The Nevilles, who own this place recently acquired the River Court in Kilkenny and I hope that they will not be too busy with the latter to dicky up the former! The staff were absolutely lovely, the swimming pool and spa very very restful and the room was good. When we arrived we were given a room in the old part of the hotel and it was quite lovely, however the windows could not be opened! Now the Nevilles, in case you don't know, are a construction family -- what would it take to organize these old sash windows so that they could open a few inches? I have to have fresh air, so we switched rooms and the staff were very accommodating, no pun intended. There was a wedding on downstairs and the hotel was full to the brim but I slept like a child, partly I think because the beds are terrific. If I could change one thing here I would organize for the bar menu to be more appealing. It is terribly boring and really needs a creative hand to inject it with interest -- this could be done cost neutral, it just requires a little love. So stay there; have breakfast, be nice to the staff because they are wonderful, but dine out elsewhere.

Room Tip: Sea view room preferable if you are hanging out in your room at all.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona W
ManagerRoyalMarine, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Fiona W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel so much and thank you for all of your nice and constructive comments about the hotel. The Neville Family continue to invest heavily in the upkeep of the hotel and recent projects completed include a full redecoration of the exterior of the hotel and redecoration of bedroom corridors and our magnificent front hall. We are also currently in the midst of a redecoration of the ground floor areas of the hotel and our historic Bay Lounge area will receive also receive a redecoration and replacement of carpets in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your comments about our bar menus and I am pleased to confirm to you that we did launch and new and exciting menu last week which appears to be going down well with our guests.

I hope that you will have another opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights ending our two week tour of Ireland. Upon our arrival, there was a bridal party entering the hotel walking on a red carpet. Good thing, as after the wedding party went to their reception, the red carpet was removed to reveal very old and worn carpet to the front entrance of the hotel.

The first morning for breakfast, we were pointed to a table (not ushered) and not informed of the items (eggs) that would be in addition to the breakfast buffet. The buffet was very good, though. On the 2nd morning, we were seated in an overflow room all by ourselves. Afraid that we would be forgotten, to the contrary, we were approached by 3 different servers and at least, this time, offered eggs cooked the way we like. The serving station, which is very visible, is in sad need of repair.

The room, a king size overlooking the bay was spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom was nice having a shower as well as a separate tub. The room, though, was very dark, 4 small ceiling lights not over the vanity area making the mirror unusable for putting on makeup. The wooden kleenex box had seen better days, the corners looked like they had been chewed up!

Overall, there are signs throughout the hotel, that there is effort being made to freshen things up. We probably hit it at a bad time.

It will be entirely lovely when the painting and potentially new carpeting is done, unfortunately, we will not be heading back to Ireland any time soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reneedm

Dear reneedm,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor and thank you for taking the time to contact me directly with your comments about your stay. We always appreciate an opportunity to listen to our guests and interact with our guests directly to ensure that we continue to improve in what we do every day.

Thank you for your positive and constructive comments and while you may not be returning to Ireland again soon, we do hope that you had a memorable visit to us and hope that you would consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and mam just home from one night stay here. Got complimentary upgrade had sea view room was lovely. Nice quiet hotel not like some hotels banging doors and noise on coridoor. Rooms spotless. Beds comfy plenty of hot water for shower.Had spa package included in price that was lovely. Dinner was also included in price was lovely but could have a bit more of selection on menu. I got steak and had to pay 5 euro extra which was fine but then on checkout they asked me for the 5 eur which i explained i already paid just be aware of this. Breakfast was lovely. Nice friendly staff too.

• Stayed: June 2014
ManagerRoyalMarine, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Champney,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you and your mother had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for all of your nice comments about the hotel and staff and we hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Love The Royal Marine Hotel! We have stayed here on a couple of occasions, this was the longest at four days. We had a large family room with a king, two singles, and a sofa bed. Clean, warm, and quiet, with beautiful views at reasonable prices. The pool is beautiful; with a steam and sauna room, and jacuzzi that all stay open for decent hours (0630-1000) - other hotels take note! Breakfast was good with a variety of freshly prepared eggs, breads, fruit salad, and etc. Parking is free and easy to use. Really, nothing but good to say about this place. Staff are friendly and helpful. Will be back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew A
ManagerRoyalMarine, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Andrew A,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you have visited us with your family on a number of occasions and pleased that you enjoyed your latest stay in the hotel so much.

Thank you for all of your nice comments about the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited the Royal Marine on business, and it was generally a pleasant stay, just with a few niggles/issues.

I was in a nice, fairly large room on the 6th floor with a good view out to the harbour and a comfortable king size bed. The personal to the room free wifi was a nice touch and worked well both for browsing the internet and for using business VPN Connections.

There were, however a few things that were less than satisfactory in the room...
The TV was barely tuned into any channels, and any channel it had tuned into was fuzzy and a struggle to watch. The remote also had to be right up near the TV and the buttons pounded for it even to register. Due to the size of the room and the TV I did feel that it was a bit too far away from the bed, and doesn’t make for a fantastic relaxation time when you want to drift off watching some TV.
The shower door closed itself while I was getting into the shower and the unprotected metal edges broke the skin on my ankle and caused me to bleed.
The hair dryer provided in the room was one of those stick/wand ones permanently attached to the wall. Was warm but had no power at all.

The gym was among the best I’ve seen in a hotel, with plenty of cardio machines and a good selection of weight machines, free weights, and medicine balls. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to try the full spa facilities.

Breakfast had quite a good selection, although they had to open up a second room in order to cope with the American Coach Tours that were filling the hotel, but still there were massive queues.
Being on a health kick I asked for a couple of poached eggs to have for breakfast and helped myself to a bowl of fresh fruit. Both mornings the eggs came “pickled”. I know it is essential to put a bit of vinegar in the water to get the eggs to hold when making poached eggs, but these tasted like pickled onions more than eggs and were not pleasant at all.
We ate in the restaurant “Hardy’s” on the first evening and the food was rather pleasant I have to say as was the service.

Overall a decent hotel, and with a few minor improvements it could be a brilliant hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms in our group were hit and miss, but ask for a high room facing out to the harbour
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Foodmunkey
ManagerRoyalMarine, General Manager at Royal Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Munkey83,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Royal Marine Hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your nice and constructive comments on the hotel, your bedroom, food and service that you experienced and I will certainly investigate the matters that you have raised and share your feedback with our team to address your comments constructively and positively. I would be grateful if you could contact me at the hotel directly so that we may learn more about your stay with us and address fully the feedback that you have provided. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly or on email at Aryan@royalmarine.ie.

Thank you again for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.