We have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Royal Marine. This was our 4th stay at the royal marine and I have to say we were very disappointed this time. Mainly because of the food. It was soooo bad. We ate in the bar on our first evening and it was so terrible. The chips were not edible. we ordered some room service the following evening and again it was awful. We could not eat it. Left a full tray of food outside our bedroom door.
I just can not understand how any chef can serve food that Isent up to scratch. I don't get it. We paid 100 euro on the bar food and the room service and we might as well have flushed it down the toilet.
Anyway on the plus side, breakfast was good with lots of choice. Staff are pretty friendly and our room was lovely and clean with very comfy beds. Dun Laoghaire is a lovely spot with everything you could need all very close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in history and a favourite with the locals, this landmark Hotel is an impressive sight on the Dun Laoghaire skyline. Since 1828, a Dublin Hotel has occupied the site now occupied by the Royal Marine Hotel. With 228 Bedrooms, 14 Dedicated Meeting Rooms and a Conference Centre as well as The Pier Health Club and sananaSPA; the Royal Marine Hotel has it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Marine dún Laoghaire
- Hotel Royal Marine
- Royal Marine Hotel Dublin
- Royal Marine Hotel Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin, Ireland