“Nice Public Transportation”

118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Nice Public Transportation”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Nearly two weeks in Ireland, I rode Bus Eirran several times (Shannon Airport > Limmerick; Tralee > Dingle; Dingle > Tralee > Galway; Galway > Shannon Airport...) and had a fine experience each time. The buses were well taken care of, and though often full the seats were comfortable and roomy enough. We were often a little confused or unsure and the drivers were always kind, making small talk and helping us to get where we needed to go.

Pro-tip: if you'll be spending some time in Ireland, if you sign up for Bus Eireann account online you get 5euro off of your next trip (worth it if you're taking more than one bus trip...).

1 Thank west0909

Cambridgeshire, England
“Warming staff, sadly worn buses”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I got on an Eireann bus from Cork airport to Cork bus station, then Cork bus station to Carrick en Suir. The latter of the two buses was really worn, dirty & left much to be desired. Such a shame, the bus is in no competition with the friendly warm staff.

Williamsport, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Expressway Service Much Slower Than Advertised”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

For my trip from Galway to Dublin, I booked the Expressway service from Bus Eireann and was highly disappointed. The trip was advertised to run from 10:30AM and arriving in Dublin at 1PM. I did not arrive until 2:45PM and had to cancel some activities. I contacted Bus Eireann customer service about this issue, and they still haven't responded. On top of that, the seats are uncomfortable and the drive is not as scenic as the train.

3 Thank ChelseaMoore
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Bus Eireann is an affordable way to travel around Beautiful Ireland.”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I was visiting family and friends who live in different towns around Ireland. I was arriving at Dublin Airport and was searching on line on how to go about getting to Belfast then from Belfast to Doolin and Doolin to Galway and from Galway to Belfast .Someone on Trip Advisor was very helpful by leaving an email address for the bus services around Ireland 'info@buseireann.ie ' i wrote to them with my inquires and i got a prompt reply from Rachael. She answered all my emails and gave me some helpful tips on how to go about my trip.All the buses where on time,clean and the drivers helpful with information.

One can print the bus schedule online buy a ticket at the CIE office at the Dublin Airport for Dublin- Belfast.But one has to purchase tickets from Belfast to other parts of Dublin from Belfast as they are cross border tickets and not possible to buy them from Dublin.Tickets from Dublin/Belfast can be purchase from the bus driver also.

I purchased a ticket for Dublin /Belfast/Dublin from the Bus driver who advised me it would be much cheaper to return to Dublin and purchase a one way ticket to Doolin when i returned to Dublin.My plan was to purchase a ticket from Belfast to Doolin very good advise from the kind elderly bus driver whose name i don't recall.

As i had purchased online tickets this worked well for me,its advised to print copies of the online ticket and take it with you.

For Bus tickets from Doolin-Galway / Galway - Dublin one can purchase the ticket on line.''beonline@buseireann.ie'' .Please note one will be asked to produce photo ID when collecting the ticket e.g.valid passport, driver's licence,or National ID.The journey must take place on the departure date specified on the ticket.

Bus Eireann website is very informative it includes bus schedules and ticket prices very helpful when planning and budgeting a trip around Beautiful Ireland especially if you are not planning
to rent a car and drive around.

There is WIFI on board.

Buses are not crowded.

Thank you Bus Eiereann.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Sanzu500
Orlando, Florida
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Had used this to get from Bunratty to Eyre Sq”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

When I took it from Shannon Airport to Galway Bay Hotel . It was ok. Some of the drivers were great but some we not. We used it to get around Galway for the week my cousin and I extended.

Visited June 2012