“Charming, lovely stay in Connemara”
Review of The Anglers Return

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in County Galway
The Anglers Return
Ranked #228 of 430 County Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you dream about a charming B&B in the middle of nowhere, that is the place to be. Beautiful, nicely locate, perfectly maintained and a lot of atmosphere. Lynn is charming. Quiet evening by the fire, lovely cafe, superb breakfast....A must in Connemara

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Bertrand T

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the anglers return b&b. The entire house was full of character and warmth. Every nook and cranny was immaculately clean. The B&B owner Lynn was extremely welcoming and friendly. Her home made muesli and brown bread was better than any hotel breakfast. The drive to roundstone town is about 10 minutes from the house and a very scenic journey. Myself and my friend will be going back next year and will also be recommending The Angler Return to all our friends and family visiting this part of Galway.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Lap888
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here recently and loved it from the minute we stepped inside. Lynn, the owner, was so welcoming and helpful. She couldn't do enough for us and made us feel instantly at home. We were able to come and go as we pleased and the B&B was just 2 miles from the beautiful village, Roundstone where we went for dinner both nights while we were there (O'Dowd's Restaurant - also would recommend here!). While the house is large and spacious, it has a cosy quirky cottage feel with stoves and real fires lit in every room. Breakfast was cooked fresh both mornings and was one of the highlights with homemade organic muesli, stewed apple, and eggs fresh from the farm. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The house is very old, so bring your woolies! All the rooms were gorgeous!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hollymark2011
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This was supposed to be a one night stand on a tour of Ireland, but my friend and I fell in love with the house, the area and the owner and ended up staying for the rest of our visit. Why drive around looking for the perfect place when you've already found it?
I do regret not seeing more of Ireland, but I can't believe that anywhere could have been more beautiful than Connemara, nor more comfortable and welcoming than the Angler's Return. The garden was lovely (swimming in the adjacent lough was magical) the bedrooms charming and the communal rooms tasteful and interesting, much like the owner herself! Lynn went out of her way to ensure our stay was perfect, and was immensely helpful without ever being intrusive.
Roundstone itself is a quaint but lively village - surely everything you're looking for when visiting the west coast of Ireland - and the surrounding beaches, mountains and loughs would easily justify a second visit...I will be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked delightful and comfortable, but our room was on the corner so had two different...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kriticat
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed here over the New Year and had the most amazing, beautiful time. The Anglers Return is set in beautiful Irish countryside with a view at the front over a lake which is visible from front facing rooms. The interiors of the house are so beautifully done, totally in keeping with the style of the huge stone farmhouse - warm, authentic, tasteful with a little touch of the eccentric. I have never slept as well as I slept at the Anglers Return.
Lynn the proprietor and Bonnie the sheepdog make you feel incredibly welcomed. Lynn is as friendly and sociable as can be - the weekly gathering of Irish musicians in the kitchen to play authentic Irish music, arranged by Lynn, was the sort of experience money can't buy. I shall hold on dearly to my memories of my time staying there. Thank you Lynn (and Bonnie too) x

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mexico6
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Anglers Return over the Christmas period with a few friends. The house itself is beautifully charming: gorgeous views of the neighbouring lake and Connemara countryside, roaring fires and wood-burners, lovely furniture and gorgeously decorated. Everything about our stay there was cosy, warm and great fun. What makes the Anglers Return so great though, is the proprietress Lynn - who does everything to make the stay of her guests just right, and adds so much to the character of the B&B. From making sure our electric blankets had warmed our beds for bedtime, to preparing delicious and made to order breakfasts each morning - she was the perfect host. I'm already planning my return trip in the summer - so I can experience the stunning white sand beaches in (hopefully) warmer weather! Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emilyj123
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This is a one-in-a-million place to stay.....
I'm just home after 3 days in the Anglers Return and have to put the experience on the record!
A beautiful period lodge, full of character, lovely unique furniture, log fires and stoves and a very warm welcome from proprietor Lynn.
I was given a choice of 3 bedrooms. All were elegant as well as very comfortable-looking and each was very different to the next. I really had difficulty choosing. I decided to take one without an ensuite.....and that's how I discovered the best bath in Ireland! A big, long cast iron beauty that I luxuriated in after each day's hiking. Bliss.
Although this is a B&B, I was encouraged to hang out as much as I liked, enjoy the sitting room fire and borrow a book if necessary. A cup of tea and cake was also on offer.
There is an old-world feel to the place that tempts you to abandon your plans and just curl-up indoors for the day - it really is a break from your real world. There aren't too many places like this.
Breakfast was delicious, with the emphasis on organic and healthy fare and endless pots of tea. No doubt about it, they seek to please.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo