“Good breakfast but dinner service is very slow.”
Review of Marinas Grill

Marinas Grill
Ranked #195 of 471 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$39 - US$39
Cuisines: European, Seafood, International, Bar
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: The dining options at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Galway reflect the sophisticated nature of the hotel, with the renowned and well-loved Marina's Grill design echoing the hotel's surroundings of blue water and light from nearby Lough Atalia. It comfortably seats 220 guests and is a wonderful venue for dining. Galway is famous for its seafood and guests can choose from a range of fresh local fare as well as a variety of international dishes using as many local ingredients as possible. All this is complimented with a wine list expertly chosen to match the cuisine. Marina's also offers a private dining area for parties or private events, catering for up to 80 guests, perfect for more intimate gatherings. Our meeting & events team will be delighted to co-ordinate all your requirements and individual requests to make your event perfect in every way.
Cork, Ireland
“Good breakfast but dinner service is very slow.”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Our dinner service was very slow it took 1 hour to have the main course served from ordering even though the place was less than 50% full.
The breakfast was great with lots of choice and very good service.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mgtd11

Sligo, Ireland
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Had lunch here on sunday, the buffet lunch, 5 adults 2 kids 2 babies! We really enjoyed it, service was ok if a bit slow, but the food was really good, delicious flavors, so much for everyone to choose from. We have eaten buffets before in different places and never returned as the quality of the food was crap, but not here, 25pp also..Great selection of desserts and salads,soups,roast beef thick gravy, only thing that we felt was missing was roast potatoes & yorkshire puddings, a few extra trimming would be nice if you are going for a sunday roast. Curry was really tasty, naan bread, different rices!The kids absolutely loved the play room also, will definitely return,room was really hot tho could do with a aircon or even a window open!

• Visited September 2013
Clare
“Could not recommend anything about this restaurant”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We went for dinner here before we were going to a show downstairs and I have never been so disappointed with a meal before! I ordered the chicken as a main and it was worse then if I'd made it myself at home. The vegetables were still raw - not even al dente. The dessert wasn't nice. The location and view from the restaurant was amazing and the staff were very nice but the kitchen really let the place down. Never felt I had wasted so much money on going out for dinner before.

• Visited March 2013
Galway, Ireland
“Shocking example of bad customer service”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

i attended a function in this hotel on the 20th of February, My girlfriend was happy talking amongst her friends. so I went to the bar for a quite drink and watch a the last few minutes of a football match which was on the TV. when the game ended I asked a girl behind the bar where the best place to have a cigarette would be. she pointed to a set of double doors. when I walked through the doors they slammed behind me locking me out. I tried to get the attention of a male bar tender, hoping he might come to my assistance. however upon noticing my plight he just looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. I pointed to the handle of the door and he just mockingly put his hand to his ear and shook his head in order to indicate that he has no way of knowing what I could possibly want from him! he walked away and left me like this when all he had to do was open the door. another customer came to my aid in the end, and he too was shocked with the behaviour of the bar tender. How this man/boy has a job in this economy, I have no idea. There has to be better staff out there, that know the difference between working in an old pub, and the Bar of a four star hotel. Having eaten earlier in the night I can also say that the food was cold.

4 Thank DJGannon
Castlebar, Ireland
“Food amazing”
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

Ate Sunday lunch in Marinas Restaurant in Radisson Blu Hotel. Have stayed there before but never ate (except for breakfast). Buffet lunch on offer for €25. This included glass of sparkling wine or OJ (freshly squeezed I presume). Food was really enjoyable. There was a good selection of food on offer for the buffet, well laid out and fresh. As time was limited I skipped the broccoli soup but it smelt nice and I have no doubt it was tasty. I helped myself to a portion of salmon with crab claws, fresh veg and a fabulous chicken curry. For dessert I had not one but two portions of apple crumble with custard. ( I decided to make up the lost time later as it was too nice not to go back for second portion, that's the whole idea of the buffet, right!). Finished off with nice cup of coffee. To say the food was amazing is an understatement as I thoroughly enjoyed. Value marked at 4, simply because buffet entices you to eat more than required and I would have preferred to spend on the main only. Service marked at 3 - simply because it was buffet, help yourself so difficult to determine quality of Service, atmosphere around lunch was nice and relaxed. Based on this, I will most definitely return.

2 Thank Steven S