“Great B&B in Galway City”
Review of Clochard B&B

Clochard B&B
Clochard B&B
Ranked #60 of 189 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Helena and Pat were great hosts! They were very helpful with sights of interest, places to go for a run, etc. Our rooms were clean and very nice. The breakfasts were delicious! A great way to start the day. Very friendly and helpful on our first trip to Ireland. Would certainly stay at Clochard B&B again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Two ladies in our 60s, my cousin and I stayed at the Clochard B and B in Galway. We were suffering jet-lag, adjusting to a new driving experience in western Ireland, and, frankly, LOST when we called Pat Hanlon of Clochard's who actually drove out to guide us to his lovely B and B. That was our grateful introduction to Clochard! Everything else was fine too! To the point of his arranging a trip to the Aran Isles and even driving us to the bus stop! His wife, Helena, was also gracious and her traditional Irish breakfast was both beautifully served AND scrumptious! Pat also fixed my cousin's hair dryer. We couldn't have received friendlier and more helpful service.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Back in SA and thinking about Pat and Helena. They were great and so was their B&B. My son and I stayed there for 3 nights. They were so helpful and never treated us as strangers. They made us feel very welcome. The breakfasts we had lasted us most of the day and was delicious! When we return from breakfast our room was already cleaned by Anna. They gave us excellent tips and also directed us to the main atractions. I will recommend you to all my friends. Our room was beautiful and if I ever go to Galway again I know where I'll be staying!
Thanks again Pat and Helena.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I have been back to Clochard last week and was shocked to see some of the reviews when i returned back home. I can only say that when myself and my husband visit it is like home from home. We could not be treated better by Pat and Helena and the hospitality is second to none. The breakfast is excellent and overall i would say that you definately get value for money!
Thanks again

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank nualamarie
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Clochard House was our first B&B stop on our trip around Ireland this June, and I also must say it was the least appealing of all of our B&B's. Our room was good enough, but it was terribly small. The bathroom was good enough, but felt old and dingy as compared to our other stays. There was also a bit of a musty smell to the place. People who keep claiming that Clochard House is fantastically decorated must not travel much around the rest of Ireland, either. Pat and Helena were a nice enough couple, and breakfast was sufficient and of standard when compared to others. Location was simply just ok, with certainly at least a 10 minute walk to town. Back to the house you will be walking uphill the whole way, so keep that in mind as well when consuming pints at the many wonderful pubs Galway has to offer.

Overall, just average, and I would have to believe you could do better when looking for accomodation around Galway. Upon our next visit, we would look for another option. Best of luck to you both, though, Pat and Helena!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2012

My sister & I stayed here for 6 nights while visiting the quilt show in Galway. Clochard is a lovely house in a quiet cul-de-sac.Our en-suite room was very clean & attractive with a good shower. The breakfast was fantastic and my sister being a vegetarian was not a problem, it kept us going for most of the day. Pat & Helena were lovely hosts, nothing was too much trouble,even tumbled dry our clothes after being caught out in an Irish downpour.
We chose Clochard as it was a central walk to the University & town. We did find that the walk to town was, for us, more like 15-20 mins but it was an easy & level walk so not a problem.
We would stay again when visitin Galway.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2012

You WANT to stay here in this homely family B&B!
Pat and Helena, the owners, will tend to all of your needs in their very friendly, welcoming way.
They really take care of their guests.
Everyone is smiling and happy, and Toby, the family dog is absolutely great.

The room was immaculately clean and breakfast could not possibly be faulted in any way.

Our three nights here were an absolute real pleasure,
with Pat and Helena providing all the information we needed for places to eat, things to do,
and local customs.

I couldn’t have asked for a nicer friendlier place to stay for my first trip to Galway, coming from Germany.
This is a very good value, and we can’t imagine having any complaints.

Thank you so much, Helena!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family