“fab place to stay”

Ranked #90 of 188 Galway B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“fab place to stay”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I first stayed in this B&B a few years ago and enjoyed myself so much I have returned on two occasions now. The owners were very welcoming and certainly made me feel at home. The location is perfect for both those yearning to explore the majestic historical and geographical sights on the west coast or for those yearning for a different kind of majesty in the pubs and clubs of Galway City. The price is very reasonable and they serve the best Irish breakfast that I've ever had the pleasure of. To be recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emily o

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Co Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 31 December 2011

As a traveller without car I found the directions unhelpful. Telling me how to get there by car from Dublin. No mention of directions from Galway. No mention that the intercity CityLink buses stop at GMIT which is nearby.
The landlady was very polite and helpful. The room was clean The prices were good. When I booked I assumed breakfast was included, as it is a bed and breakfast after all. But breakfast in a fiver more. Although, the breakfast was very much more than adequate.
Was advertised as 2km from city centre I would hazard a guess that is more than slightly incorrect. I would not have booked this accommodation, if the truth was told.
I left a little disappointed and underwhelmed.
Also if you want to take a bus the trip to the bus stop to the city is hazardous, the traffic is incessant and fast. There is no bus stop near the accommodation on the same side of the road wheras there are more than enough for those travelling to the city, Why?
And where is the Corrib. Very well hidden I would say.

Room Tip: If booking any of the Merlin Park Woodhaven B&Bs (as there are about 8) make sure you have good...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Roxy_Cappo
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Just back from one night stay in Corrib View B&B. We found the owners very welcoming. We had a lovely triple room. As we arrived late after a three hour drive it was lovely to be offered tea or coffee. Breakfast was very good too. Would return again no problem.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Advertised as "ensuite" , we were however put in the extemsion, where we had to share a bathroom that didnt even have a lock on the door!! The bed was no way a double, more like a queen size bed, no bulbs in the bedside lamps! At least we had a great night in Galway....it certainly encouraged us to get out and about!!!!

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank Sydskidney
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Arrived late to get ready for a friends wedding in a nearby church. The really nice and helpful owner actually ironed my shirt while i was getting ready. Lovely rooms for a great price. The Irish breakfast was the best Ive ever had in this country - which is a feat !
All in all a lovely stay and the owners are so helpful and hospitabil

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank kingofkong
Dublin
Reviewed 13 January 2010

A group of us stayed here on New Years Eve 2009, we travelled from Dublin and were looking forward to having a night out in Galway, the majority of the group where based in the main house and myself, my partner and 2 of our friends were in the extension, which is based at the side of the house with a private door to let ourselves in, on first impression I thought it was bitterly cold but the owner put the heat on when we got there, the thing I didn't like was that we all had to share 1 bathroom and little did we know that there was a single room in there as well which had a Brazilian tourist in it!! Our room was the coldest and it looked to me as if it hadn't been stayed in a long time, we also had to shower in our friends room in the main house because we didn't feel comfortable showering with the other guest there! We travelled down with a group of 15 and couldn't understand why they would put a stranger in that part of the house with us, knowing we had to share the facilities, we had no problem sharing with our friends but not with a stranger. When everyone was ready to go out we all gathered in our communal area, we thought this was better rather than all gathering in the main house, we were having a few drinks and the owner barged in with a look of disgust and told us he wasn't happy, that we were disturbing the other guests, which was very puzzling because we were all his guests, we had booked out the whole B&B, well apart from the Brazilian guy who turned out to be grand and was there having a few drinks with us before we went out.

Later that night when we got back to the B&B we noticed there was no heat on and it was freezing, so my partner put the heat on and we decided we'd have a nightcap while the place was heating up and next thing the owner comes in, now this is the early hours of the morning, I asked was everything ok and he looked really pissed off and started looking around the place obviously thinking we were gonna have the rest of the group back and have a party or something, which wasn't the case at all, we decided to go to bed after that, it was still bitterly cold in our room and when we got into the bed it was damp, then we heard the door going again and the owner had come in again...and turned the heat off, at this stage my partner was getting really angry, it was -11 that night and that part of the house needed a constant flow of heat in it, my partner got up and tried to turn the heat back on but the owner had turned it off at the mains, we couldn't believe it. That night we had to sleep in our clothes with out coats on, Ive never been so cold in my life, u wouldn't have left a animal in those conditions! we barely slept that night and the next morning about 9am, the owner was back in again, making a racket, cleaning the kitchen and communal area, he had the front door flying open as well so whatever heat was in there was now gone. We were paid up till 12 o clock and shouldn't have been woken so early. We weren't any trouble at all but he wasn't accommodating he was a horrible man, he obviously had a thing against big groups of people so he shouldn't have taken the booking. I don't understand what his problem was. The rest of the group had a nice cosy sleep while the 4 of us who were out in the extension nearly froze to death. I think he deliberately turned the heat off that night to deter people from coming back and having a few drinks which wasn't even gonna happen. He treated us like a pack of children and acted like a disgruntled father, were all adults in our mid to late twenties, we didn't disrespect his property or break anything, the only thing we were guilty of was having a couple of drinks prior to going out in our communal area...what was so wrong with that?

So I would definitely not recommend this B&B, I ended up with a touch of pneumonia after that and am only starting to feel better now. This was absolute hell for us, not the way I envisaged ringing in 2010, we would have slept in our car that night only it was completely iced over. I'm really angered that we had to pay for a room like that, its not right putting guests in those freezing conditions. I hope no one else is as unfortunate as us to stay in this part of the B&B and think it should be closed down during the winter months, it's not livable! Plus having to share a bathroom room with 4 other people is not my idea of fun...it's not a hostel after all!!

• Stayed December 2009
6 Thank Summer01Dublin
glencroff, Owner at Corrib View B&B, responded to this review, 26 August 2016
Drunk and trouble was this guy problem,even his own friends disowned him. Another crackpot.
Dublin
Reviewed 19 December 2009

This is clearly the best B&B I have ever stayed in!First of all the owners are a fantastic couple! We arrived very late in the evening and they were waiting for us and really made us feeling like coming home after long trip. The room was spacious and clean, all beautiful decorated. Absolutely cozy and comfy. Great breakfast served in almost family atmosphere.

The only thing is that is something around 20 minutes walk from city center, but it would not stop me from going there again.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple