“Value for money?”

Corrib View B&B
Corrib View B&B
Ranked #93 of 189 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was a lesson learned ... that in the future we should read other's comments before booking a B&B. The price was steep for what we got, and was not good value for money. It was listed as a four star accommodation, but we're mystified as to why. We've never stayed in a B&B where we pay 60 euro for the room, and another 10 euro for breakfast. The proprietors were very nice, but the room was small, and the double bed pretty much took up most of the room with just walking space around the edges. The bathroom vanity light didn't work, the shower had mildew in the grout between the tiles, the water pressure was barely a trickle, and we got a late night knock on the door to turn off the bathroom light/fan because the noise was bothering our neighbors. No, we won't be returning guests at this establishment.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LDSK

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We only stayed one night but I could have stayed much longer too.

The place is a little outside of Galway but the bus stop is close by and it's only a few stops.

Very comfortable bed, tiny but clean bathroom/shower with free towels, TV, free WiFi, Ironing board, closet... and everything (really everything) is flowery... flower pattern bedsheets, pillows, tapestry, carpet, curtains,... (and not just inside the room)... but that's actually what made it funny... it was like staying in a picture book.

The breakfast is 5.- per person if you order it spontaneously, (you can also book a room with included breakfast) and consists of a pot of tea or coffee, orange juice, a full freshly prepared Irish breakfast and a whole basket of toast combined with a wide variety of cereal, milk, yoghurt, fruit and jam. Really good.

The house itself is just a normal 2-floor suburb house and I think the family who runs it lives in the house next door so it doesn't really feel like staying in a hotel but much more personal, which is great.
I'm pretty sure there is no 24h service because of that, so if you need anything at night, maybe nobody can help you... but then again, it's a B&B, not the Hilton :)

The walls aren't too thick but it wasn't noisy either... we were very satisfied with the choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I spent one night in Corrib View and I must say I pretty liked this place. A quiet place with with friendly atmosphere. The room was nice and clean and the landlady very friendly. In fact the only drawback was that its quite fare away from the city center, but if you value more peace and quietness then convenient location that can be a good choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Had such a nice time here. Stayed with a friend in a twin room which was lovely. The family are incredibly welcoming and hospitable. Location is perfect, literally only a few minutes drive from the city centre and on a main bus route if you don't have a car (just down the road from the B&B). Great price, fantastic breakfast in the morning and was completely made to feel at home. Loved it. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Very nice welcome when myself and girlfriend arrived at the corrib view. Nothing was too much hassle, very nice and comfortable b&b. Lovely breakfast in the morning had a nice chat with the husband and wife who run the b&b before we set off. Great price for a lovely stay at this cosy and welcoming b&b, this will be our base from now on when we stay over night in Galway!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I first stayed in this B&B a few years ago and enjoyed myself so much I have returned on two occasions now. The owners were very welcoming and certainly made me feel at home. The location is perfect for both those yearning to explore the majestic historical and geographical sights on the west coast or for those yearning for a different kind of majesty in the pubs and clubs of Galway City. The price is very reasonable and they serve the best Irish breakfast that I've ever had the pleasure of. To be recommended!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily O
Reviewed 31 December 2011

As a traveller without car I found the directions unhelpful. Telling me how to get there by car from Dublin. No mention of directions from Galway. No mention that the intercity CityLink buses stop at GMIT which is nearby.
The landlady was very polite and helpful. The room was clean The prices were good. When I booked I assumed breakfast was included, as it is a bed and breakfast after all. But breakfast in a fiver more. Although, the breakfast was very much more than adequate.
Was advertised as 2km from city centre I would hazard a guess that is more than slightly incorrect. I would not have booked this accommodation, if the truth was told.
I left a little disappointed and underwhelmed.
Also if you want to take a bus the trip to the bus stop to the city is hazardous, the traffic is incessant and fast. There is no bus stop near the accommodation on the same side of the road wheras there are more than enough for those travelling to the city, Why?
And where is the Corrib. Very well hidden I would say.

Room Tip: If booking any of the Merlin Park Woodhaven B&Bs (as there are about 8) make sure you have good...