“Worst accommodation that I have experienced - ever!!”
Review of Corrib View B&B

Corrib View B&B
Corrib View B&B
Ranked #92 of 188 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My Husband and I arrived for one night in June to attend a wedding. On arrival to pick up our keys, the landlady showed me to my room which, I was shocked to discover was a twin room. My husband had booked a twin by mistake but my daughter had put in under special request, that we actually wanted a double. The lady said that they had no doubles available so we could "push the beds together" ourselves.My husband and I have four kids and never get away so this was so disappointing. When we came home at 11.30pm, we pushed the beds together to see dust balls all over the floor where the bed had been!!. The room was only big enough for one person, very outdated with dark furniture and faded colours. The next morning, we decided to shower and wanted to shower together but this was impossible due to the ensuite being tiny. My husband found an old shower gel container from the previous guest left in the shower cubicle, a big black hair and black pubic hairs in the hand basin!!. The mini hair dryer blew when i plugged it in to dry my hair and there was a smell of burning. I really could have been electrocuted. I was disgusted as it had definetely not been cleaned. When he turned on the shower which dripped out as it was definetely not a power shower, the water was freezing!. He called the man up to check it for us. The man came in and said "yeah, thats, it, its working fine"!!. My husband looked at him and said that the water was freezing so the man said to give him 10 minutes to put the immersion on and heat the water!!. Bearing in mind, that the latest that they serve breakfast is 9.45am and both of us had to shower was outrageous!. We waited 30 mins and the water was still freezing so my Husband held the shower over me while I jumped in, washed my hair quickly and got out and vice versa. Breakfast room was tiny and whilst the man was polite, he informed me that at 9am in the morning that he had run out of brown/soda/wholemeal bread and gave me white toast with no explanation and it was only when i said that i wanted brown that he said that they had run out!!. Another guest gave me some of theirs!!. He never asked me how I wanted my eggs cooked and as I have a catering background, i found this bizarre. The cereals were in their original boxes left in the corner on a sideboard and the milk and orange juice had been left on our table prior to arriving in the breakfast room so we had no idea how long that they had been sitting there. He proceeded to serve me a fried egg that was as hard as bullets, sausages that were like rubber from being re-heated and one piece of white pudding!!. Tomato ketchup was plonked on the table with its Lidl label stuck on the side. He couldnt even put it in dish and the cheap table did not even have a table cloth to cover them. When the landlady asked for her 70euro for the night, I was so upset!. It would have been cheaper,easier and cleaner to have gone home which was only an hour away. We did go home and had to have a shower as we felt so unclean and ripped off after that horrible stay. We have travelled worldwide and it is safe to say, that it was substandard accommodation and the worst place we have ever stayed. We wanted a nice romantic night away from the usual stresses of home but instead ended up running home to have a shower!!. I cannot recommend this place as it is not suitable to accommodate guests. I would have found a hostel cleaner and cheaper. This place made Fawlty Towers look like five star accommodation!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Claire O
glencroff, Owner at Corrib View B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Its pretty obious these wasters were crack pots. Please read it its rather amusing, littered with untruths.and again tripadviser gives a forum to promote a false picture

There are newer reviews for Corrib View B&B

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Corrib VIew is in Woodhaven, an unusual but quiet street of B&B's with plenty of safe car-parking, about 30 mins walk from the centre of Galway City.
The welcome was warm, and the landlady and landlord were welcoming but professional. It had the charm from being their home, but efficiency and amenities of a good guest house.

The bed was firm and cosy, breakfast was outstanding for €4 and the room, whilst a bit tight, was clean and comfortable.

Taxi from centre after our revelry was only €10 so that was still cheaper than staying in a sterile central hotel room. Loved it and would happily recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The B&B is easily reached and its among other B&Bs. Parking can be a problem in busy seasons as August, altough there are limited spaces available. We booked an ensuite triple room although we were given an apartment at the side of the house which did not matter for us as long as there was the bedrooms and dedicated bathroom. But guess what, the owner did not tell us there were other people already settled in another bedroom of the same apartment and we ended up in the awkward situation of finding other people in the apartment without expecting them. This was not what we booked and the owner should at least have contacted us beforehand if he had problems with the booking as it was too late then for us to change accomodation. Staff was friendly but after what happened you start questioning its genuity.

Breakfast was good and just above average, although other tenants had to wait for us to finish because there was a limited seating which is also unfair. The location was quiet and just a few minutes drive from the centre of Galway city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shawn B
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My friend and I absolutely loved our stay at Corrib View. Yvonne and her husband were so accommodating and helpful in providing us with the must do's in and around Galway. It was a close distance to town, where there is non stop live music and fun to be had! We would stay here gain without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed one night at Corrib view B&B. Everything was okay, it was clean and tidy, the owner kind, the room certainly okay for the price. We might have chosen a bad day to stay as there was a party going on at the neighbour's place untill early morning which resulted in very little sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was a lesson learned ... that in the future we should read other's comments before booking a B&B. The price was steep for what we got, and was not good value for money. It was listed as a four star accommodation, but we're mystified as to why. We've never stayed in a B&B where we pay 60 euro for the room, and another 10 euro for breakfast. The proprietors were very nice, but the room was small, and the double bed pretty much took up most of the room with just walking space around the edges. The bathroom vanity light didn't work, the shower had mildew in the grout between the tiles, the water pressure was barely a trickle, and we got a late night knock on the door to turn off the bathroom light/fan because the noise was bothering our neighbors. No, we won't be returning guests at this establishment.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LDSK
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We only stayed one night but I could have stayed much longer too.

The place is a little outside of Galway but the bus stop is close by and it's only a few stops.

Very comfortable bed, tiny but clean bathroom/shower with free towels, TV, free WiFi, Ironing board, closet... and everything (really everything) is flowery... flower pattern bedsheets, pillows, tapestry, carpet, curtains,... (and not just inside the room)... but that's actually what made it funny... it was like staying in a picture book.

The breakfast is 5.- per person if you order it spontaneously, (you can also book a room with included breakfast) and consists of a pot of tea or coffee, orange juice, a full freshly prepared Irish breakfast and a whole basket of toast combined with a wide variety of cereal, milk, yoghurt, fruit and jam. Really good.

The house itself is just a normal 2-floor suburb house and I think the family who runs it lives in the house next door so it doesn't really feel like staying in a hotel but much more personal, which is great.
I'm pretty sure there is no 24h service because of that, so if you need anything at night, maybe nobody can help you... but then again, it's a B&B, not the Hilton :)

The walls aren't too thick but it wasn't noisy either... we were very satisfied with the choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple