“Soul of Ireland captured”
Review of Trad on the Prom

Trad on the Prom
Ranked #1 of 18 Concerts & Shows in Galway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Performers who have captivated audiences in extraordinary and groundbreaking productions such as 'Riverdance', 'The Chieftains' and 'Lord of the Dance' have gathered together on ONE STAGE to present an unforgettable entertainment experience in Galway, the City of the Tribes. The music will touch your soul and the dancing will take your breath away. It's a truly remarkable experience suitable for all ages and nationalities.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I researched extensively beforehand to find the BEST show in Ireland. Booked this one, and organized our entire trip around this. Our trip was my 70th birthday present to my father, and the night we saw Trad on the Prom was his birthday... and what a night that was! I knew it would be good, but this was way beyond my expectations. Every single performer was a multiple award winning individual, and all together they showcased the culture and character of this country. It did not feel as a touristic performance, it felt like they just genuinely liked each other and to get together and dance and play their music, and you just happened to be there, and they thought it was great that you came :) This really was something I will never forget witnessing. It blew my mind... I have never experienced this... you just understood what this culture was all about. It is worth every penny and more. I will do my best to go back and watch it again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,337)

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Wonderful dancing and a really professional show. The playing, dancing and singing were all first-rate. We missed some footwork sitting at the side so book your seats with this in mind.
A great evening had by all.
"Sheila's Friends"

Reviewed 3 July 2014

What an amazing show, it's no wonder everyone was raving about it. If you have a night in Galway you really shouldn't miss this show. The dancers are spectacular, and of course the music is spot on as well. Highly reccommend this show!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

World Champion dancers and the most amazing musicians. Will go again and again and recommend to all ages. Absolute awesome show.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Instead I was amazed to see an array of some of the most talented musicians and dancers in Ireland, playing and dancing their socks off. A real privilege. Well OK the synth backing and light effects were a bit tacky, and a hotel stage can't recreate the charm of a bunch of amateurs playing in a pub, but it's an unissable chance to see some very talented performers. The show was recommended to us by Galway locals.