“What a great evening!”

Trad on the Prom - Ireland's Premier Music Song and Dance Experience
Ranked #1 of 18 Concerts & Shows in Galway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Performers who have captivated audiences in extraordinary and groundbreaking productions such as 'Riverdance', 'The Chieftains' and 'Lord of the Dance' have gathered together on ONE STAGE to present an unforgettable entertainment experience in Galway, the City of the Tribes. The music will touch your soul and the dancing will take your breath away. It's a truly remarkable experience suitable for all ages and nationalities.
Dublin, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“What a great evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

Our B & B host suggested this show and we were very grateful that she did. Our last minute seats were excellent and the performers were all top of their craft. This is NOT some hokey touristy program. It is a wonderful representation of some of most talented musicians and dancers in Ireland, with years of superb concert experience between them. You won't be sorry if you go, but you will be sorry if you miss it.

Galway, Ireland
“A unique expression of irish culture through the medium of song, music and dance.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

Attended Trad on the Prom on Sunday July 18th with my husband and 4 children,ages 11, 10 ,8 and 6. Pre booked the tickets, spoke to an extremely accomodating man by the name of Diarmuid. He offered a special family deal and when I asked about seating he said that it was possible to reserve seats. I asked for and received excellent seats beside the stage. The music, song and dance was exhilarating. The entire show from start to finish was professionally managed. Extra little touches like welcoming the french, italian and german visitors in their native language as well as giving mention to the visitors from other countries while not forgetting the natives helped make a wonderful experience all the more personal. I cannot recommend this show highly enough. I was a little concerned that my children might not enjoy the night but as soon as the show was over they asked if they could attend again next week. That says it all!

Cambridge, Canada
“Must see show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

On our recent vacation to Ireland we took in the Trad on the Prom Show in Galway. We were more than impressed by the quality and variety of performances. There was something for every taste and we felt immersed in Irish entertainment culture. A great mixture of dance and music. the show was very energetic with appropriate amounts of slower beautiful music. Our daughter has had her interest in learning to play the violin reinforced, and our 11 year old son purchased a bodhran while in Ireland and is determined to learn to play. Although the performances were very professional the show had an informal appeal as well, creating what was a very relaxing, and enjoyable evening. The seating arrangement allows for very close proximity to the performers. In addition to the main stage , three dance stages were well positioned so that no one missed out on the up close feeling. At the end of the show all performers were available to meet with the audience and CD's were available to purchase at a reasonable price. We strongly recommend this show to anyone who wants a real taste of Irish musical and dance talent.

Orlando, Florida
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

This show was awesome. I highly recommend everyone see it. The music and dancing was fun and entertaining. Everything was so professional. They explained the dancing and the instruments that they used. My pictures did not do it justice.

Galway, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I can't believe that I didn't go to this show before now - it's fantastic....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

We took a group of tourists to this show last night. I can’t believe that I havn’t been to this show before now. It was fantastic. I was blown away. It was amazing to see such a wealth of talent here in Galway and put together so professionally it is a credit to the city to have such a show. Our guests really enjoyed it and we will be back with more guests. I think that the way Chris Kelly interacts and includes the audience adds so much. I don’t think I have ever been at a show where such a personal connection was made between the stage and the audience. It must have been felt by everyone there. That type of connection is Cead Mile Fáilte in action. Well done to all involved and its wonderful to have such a show in our town. I highly recommend this to visitors.

Aisling Keenan,