“Very nice restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Lelystad, The Netherlands
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Kirwan's Lane was recommended by the hotel. The restaurant was full downstairs, but upstairs plenty of space. We had not booked upfront. As we decided to go upstairs soon after more and more tables filled up. The fish was very good cooked and tasted delicious. Staff were very attentive. I would recommend this restaurant if you'd love fine quality fish.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank AnsH1

• Korean first
“Beautiful Food - Best Starter i've ever eaten”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

myself and my fiancé went there for a romantic dinner on Monday evening, as we were in Galway for a long weekend. The waitresses were extremely friendly and attentive, and gave us a table quickly despite the fact we had not booked. I got the most beautiful starter dish there, that will stay etched in my memory forever, it was the cured salmon, with whiskey jelly, pickled beetroot and wasabi alioli. It was outstanding - i didn't want the dish to end. The fish bake I got for my main was also lovely and creamy with plenty of fish inside. My fiancé also loved his meal of calamari for starter, followed by the chicken with scallops for main. We'd thoroughly recommend this place to anyone wanting quality food that won't cost the earth in Galway.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Laura Q
“Fine food fine service unfortunately room temperature was a little cold”
Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

Decided to give here a go on the monday after the saint patricks day. Had been out fishing in the cold all day and was really looking forward to a nice meal in a warm environment. The restaurant setting is lovely and the staff were excellent. Starters were exquisite. I had the gambas and my fiancée had the mussels. Mains were the scallops and the bass which were really good ; probably not just as good as the starters but still very tasty. At this point I started to feel the cold as did my fiancée being typical irish I said nothing and looking back I really should have. I am sure the waitress would have turned the heat back on no problem. Anyway more fool me. The chocolate dessert was shared and enjoyed inspite of the cold. Price was a little on the high side; the starters were expensive but worth it the mains were pretty standard but probably should come with a side or two. That said I was happy overall with the meal. It is not my favorite restaurant in galway but it would be in my top 3. The food and service are very good. I will definitely come back here and recommend it for a romantic dinner.

1 Thank gourmetbyrner
Cavan, Ireland
“Way over priced”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the hotel we were staying in. Also saw some mixed reviews on trip advisor . Have to say I was disappointed. Tables very cramped up was the first thing I noticed too close for comfort! The menu seemed nice but on the pricey side. My starter was very small way too expensive for what I got. My partner ordered calamari... It was over done and on the chewy side he had to leave some behind. Our main courses were much better tasty but again way over priced and portion size small. We also got a bottle of wine. We were not asked once was all ok and had to wait over half an hour between starter and main! And we had been told they needed our table at a certain time which put even more pressure on. Our bill came to near 100 euro! For what we got it was not worth it... Over priced and over rated.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank emo-9
“Very good... Improved prices”
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

For years this was an overpriced pretentious restaurant. Reality has dawned now its worth a visit.

Me and " herself" came here recently, it was a night for cod and halibut. Everything was cooked and presented to perfection. An excellent Crianza was our wine choice. The " home fries"( twice fried) etc also excellent.

We came out under € 70 of a bill ...( overdid the vino). Very good and well done

1 Thank MaritimoFoody