“Better than Rustic Stone by a Mile - Best Meal in a Longtime!”

The Seafood Bar @ Kirwan's
Ranked #29 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$0 - US$90
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, European, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Limerick, Ireland
“Better than Rustic Stone by a Mile - Best Meal in a Longtime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

My partner & I ate here last Sat 23rd November and it was just fabulous, my starter of gambas Prawns has to have been the best starter I have ever had, simply delicious... My partner had the duck spring roll and just loved it......I had the fillet steak for main and it was v v tasty and quite big, our second main was fish and chips and this was gorgeous.. Finally we had one desert, banana creme brulee, yum yum... The staff were extremely nice and the venue was gorgeous.. The price for everything including 2 beers, a large glass of prosecco & a coffee was €92, how good was that...2 week's previously 4 of us ate at Dylan McGrath's "Rustic Stone" and we were highly disappointed with it and all of us agreed that we would not go back but was for Kirwan's Lane, I can not wait to go back, it has been my favorite restaurant & meal yet this year!! Well done Chef...

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank BooBoo34_13

• Korean first
Arlington, Virginia
“Great dinner ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We celebrated a birthday occasion. The staff was very pleasant. They also have a nice selection of wines. Unlike most Galway restaurants, the tables are very well spaced allowing for a more comfortable experience.

Killarney, Ireland
“Perfect dinning experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Travelled Ireland over 14 days, dinning in some great restaurants in Kinsale, Kenmare, Killarney, Dublin but this was by far the best dinning experience we had on our trip. Off main street and a little hard to find. Beautiful romantic setting upstairs, tables spread nicely apart so you can have nice romantic evening. My partner adored the mussels and my choices where excellent. Cooked to perfection and amazing wine choices. Outstanding and knowledgeable staff. Cannot praise this restaurant enough and looking forward to my next visit in the spring. Check it out if you want to spoil your better half.

• Visited November 2013
The Hague, The Netherlands
“I regularly dine here and enjoy it every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Since recently moving to Galway, I've come here a handful of times and enjoyed the food time after time. The atmosphere is very cozy, and sets itself apart from most other Galway establishments by a more modern design. I'm an absolute sucker for their excellent mussels!

Beyond that, they're very reasonably priced and certainly recommendable for a dinner on any eve of the week.

• Visited October 2013
“Quality all the way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Ate here last Tuesday night and managed to get a table without a booking. Quality food and service, would definitely recommend especially if you are a seafood fan!

Visited October 2013