“best seafood in Galway”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were greeted and seated in a warm manner even though we were half an hour early. Lovely feelto the restaurant and the food really was of amazing quality. He got a huge pot of mussels to start while I had a light creamy chowder. The main courses didnt disappoint either. Linguine with huge jambas and lots of clams, devine. Hadn't any room for dessert pity! The service is another thing which makes the place stand out, brillia down to earth warm and professional. You'll pay a little extra but believe me its well worth it.

There are newer reviews for The Seafood Bar @ Kirwan's

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I turned up without a booking and was accommodated despite it being very busy. I had the king shrimp to start and the seafood platter for a main and was not disappointed with either. The service was friendly and attentive.

The only minor gripe was that I requested a couple of crab claws be added to my platter. I received 4 very small ones and I was charged and additional €6 for them. which given the size of them, I thought was a tad unreasonable. Overall though, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and would definitely return.

1  Thank blue_legends
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My daughter and I found this restaurant on TripAdvisor and managed to get a late reservation, and how lucky we were as Galway's restaurants were busy due to it being Easter weekend. From the minute we stepped through the door the professionalism of the staff was apparent. We started with oysters, and from there everything just got better, every morsel was delicious right through to the end. The restaurant was very, very busy and even so the service was swift yet friendly and the evening was very enjoyable and the meal one of the best I have had for some time. Plans are afoot for Easter 2015 in Galway, and we will be sure to make reservations again for this delightful restaurant.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We visited The Seafood Bar purely based on its TripAdvisor reviews and we were certainly not disappointed.

The restaurant is located very centrally and was easy to find (thanks google maps). It is beautifully decorated and our request for a corner table wasnt a problem.

The menu was varied with something for all tastes. I can honestly say this was one of the best meals we had in a long time.

Staff were knowledgeable, friendly and efficient.

Be warned, it is expensive (2 x starters, mains, sides, deserts, coffee and a bottle of wine = 130 euro or so plus plus tip) but it is worth it.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Many recommended Galway restaurants appear casual and even grotty. Kirwan's is one of the most expensive and makes some effort to offer a decent evening out, but the cooking and the service both fall short of what is suggested by the price. Sharper management would help, but the fault may be part of the Galway ambiance..

3  Thank Ronald S