“A great place to stay for those looking for comfort on a budget!”
Review of The White House

The White House
Ranked #164 of 186 Galway B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“A great place to stay for those looking for comfort on a budget!”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We absolutely loved our stay at the White House. Very budget friendly and our room was great - jacuzzi tub and so comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and the owners were so friendly too! We will definitely return the next time we are in Galway.

Room Tip: Choose one of the top floor rooms with the round windows! We loved room #13!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Clonmel
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

I booked the white house then read the reviews! I was then dreading the stay, but it realy wasnt too bad at all, we were welcomed by a friendly young man, our room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was basic but ok. The location is good

• Stayed September 2012
Rocky River, Ohio
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I made the mistake booking this place in advance. The area, Salthill is about 15 minute walk from the town and a 30 minute walk to city center, Eire Park. The gentleman that greated me at the door was cordial but not friendly like I had experienced in other places I stayed. I mentioned my name several times, never got his name. I did not notice the mold smell that has been mentioned in other reviews, but, I may be insesnsitive to it.
I would not stay here again. The Salthill area looked pretty cool near the ocean beaches.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ynot13

Travellers are raving about these Galway hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This place was moulded - see the pictures. Mould everywhere and the smell was awful, we could not use the bathroom at all the smell was that bad and didn't shower, thank god we were only there for one night. Like another review I read the supervisor, Thomas, was rude and aggressive and tried to charge us €228 for this and then threatened the guards when I said I was not paying that. He went ahead and debited my card anyway. See the pictures they speak for themselves. They displayed the Failte Ireland sign but are not registered. I reported this to Failte Ireland with the pictures of what they were advertising as approved. Breakfast was not fit for human consumption - nor where the rooms. It is a health hazard, especially if you have any lung issues like Asthma. I can only post 3 photos I wish I could post them all to show you the cracked damp walls and windows. It was filthy dirty.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here - the whole house is covered in green and black mould.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Barbara G
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed two nights and the bed was awful, the room way outdated, not even safe, and the guy who we dealt with was basically not caring at all. The photos on the website do not match what you will be staying in whatsoever. The prices were jacked up by insane amounts due to the races. Any other place can not be worse than this one. The guy who served breakfast did try but that was the best you could say about the place.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Lkirkpatrick77
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Room was horrible, musty smell. Staff were the most ignorant people I've ever met in my life. They made a mistake on our booking and blamed us for it, it was their fault, what happened to the customer being right. The morning we were leaving, the manager stood outside our door waiting for money, then he wanted more because of the room mix up, even though we had been told there would be no price difference after their mistake. He argued quite aggressively with us and threatened police on us. We finally had to give in and hand over half the money he demanded just to get out cause we were so scared. Please please do not stay here, you will regret it.

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank Earl472
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 July 2012

The only good thing is the helpful staff(tom) the rest is crap. Dirty, sticky, old and tiny. That is the room and the bathroom. Dont go there...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple