“Friendly b & b with a great breakfast”
Review of The White House

and 1 more site!
The White House
Ranked #165 of 187 Galway B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Friendly b & b with a great breakfast”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Very friendly welcome. Great breakfast. Rooms clean but need a bit of updating. Good friendly simple b&b. Free wifi an added bonus especially with teenage son with us. Location is good just off the promenade.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank raymond1967

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Beal Feirste
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Only stayed for one night, it was ok, clean enough etc but a bit rough around the edges and in need of a tidy up, lick of paint, some modernisation. Very friendly Polish lady looked after us at breakfast and payment etc. Breakfast was ok. Would I stay here again? Possibly but there are plenty of better b&b's about. Would I recommend it? Again, it was ok but cost more than it should have in my opinion. Basically, it did exactly as it said on the tin, bed and breakfast in a clean place with a friendly owner. Polska bialo czerwoni!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sean T
Padua, Italy
Reviewed 30 March 2014

we were there for four nights in four people, 2 adults, 2 kids (8-10): so lovely place! the room was big, comfortable, perfectly cleaned every day and so nice...we had peaceful rest in warm and beautiful place! the bathroom accurately cleaned with abundant warm water and towels, and finally the wonderful Irish breakfast served every morning! eggs, sausages, beans, bacon and a fantastic boudin noir expect you on the first floor! all served with good tea/coffee/chocolate, fresh fruits, orange juice, and bread &butter, milk and cereals, yogurt....all with a warm smile and "good morning! " from the Hosts: for us the best way to start a new day...if you prefer something lighter continental breakfast is also available!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank barbara p
Illinois
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We checked in last night...the hot water pot for tea and coffee still had water in it from a previous visitor... There were no spoons,stirrer, nothing to stir our coffee with... The heater in the room didn't work, the window in the bathroom was wide open and the room was freezing! In the morning, there was only cold water for showers ... When I knocked on the office door....several times... There was no response...we won't be back...

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jamie F

Travellers are raving about these Galway hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Place,people,breakfast,price absolutely highly recommended.
Rooms nice,warm and spacoius, guest service - you just felt like home; so friendly and polite. ...close to city centre.....view on Galway Bay.... thank you......DZIEKUJEMY....

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Izabelasg
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Don't stay here! It's clean enough with decent amenities, however Id rather sleep on the side walk then give the woman who runs it the satisfaction of making money. Absolutely the rudest person I have ever met.

On our second day, we asked if they had an extra room for the upcoming night as two of our friends were coming to town also. She told me, with a very condescending tone, "I don't know, I'll have to check my laptop - I'll let you know in a few minutes". 3 hours later she comes and says, "we're booked" and then walks away. Our friends ended up having to get a place closer to town.

The next morning, our two friends came over at 10:30am to car pool with us back to Dublin. At 11:30, after we had packed up we we're getting ready to leave, I open the door and she's standing out my room waiting for me and says, "let's go, you guys are leaving now - and don't think your not getting billed extra for your two guests". I had fight tooth and nail to convince her that the two lads only just got here and that they never spent the night. This included one of the lads showing her his key card from the other hotel. Her response to that was "yea, nice, now get out!"

Couldn't believe my experience. I have never ever written a review however I don't know how else to address this sorry excuse for a human being. She should not be working in the hospitality sector!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank Ryan P
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The room was cold when we arrived. there was a smell of damp and clear damp patches on the bedroom walls. bed was uncomfortable with old spring mattress.the en suite was tiny, with no extraction(most likely the cause of the dampness). The staff were weird. The man may have been trying to make our stay personal but was way OTT, calling us by our names and speaking to us as if he knew us, making dodgy jokes that were borderline offensive. The lady in charge of the b&B. I'm assuming she didn't own it because no owner of a business in their right mind would be as rude to a paying customer as she was to me. I arrived an hour after my friend so I rang the door bell. I was left waiting in the rain for 5 mins before she answered the door. Then she started giving out to me asking why didn't I ring my friend to open the door and I quote her "Do you expect me to be coming up and down these stairs all night''. As a 25 year old I travel Ireland & Europe alot. I have never been spoken to like that anywhere I have gone. She is a disgrace. WARNING!!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends