“Exchange Student Experience”

and 1 more site!
Glasan Holiday Village
Ranked #41 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I was required to reside here during my three months abroad. I was grateful for the tight security because there were enough troublemakers living there in the first place. Thursday nights were incredibly loud as first-years would run wild singing and yelling. There was at least one attempt at stealing my bike which I had locked up in the supplied bike shelter. At least weekends were quiet when all the kids went home to mum and dad. Glasan had to call student meetings for misbehavior, but this still didn't solve problems. There were no enforceable rules about smoking indoors, so my roommates often did drugs and stank up the apartment.
I understand that this is a student residence and distractions like this are not out of the ordinary, but if you are attending GMIT, try to live off-campus for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Casey P

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a few weeks but had to move out as security was my main issue. They were very strict with security and needed id to get in past the front gate at night. This is understandable, I know ye do not want everyone staying but found the security guards quite rude also. I could never have friends over as they would not be allowed in unless they hopped the wall at the back. Nice houses and location.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I rang and spoke to The manager Olivia before we booked.I informed Olivia of our needs regarding the assistance dog and our 2 young girls with Autism.We were given our own kind of cul de sac so no traffic would pass us, easy access to main bins to dump our rubbish and recycling.Parking was right outside our door. Our house was spotless with clean crisp bedding and towelling. When we arrived a bulb was gone and we needed more pillows, minor issues obviously but my point being on the Sunday when I brought it to their attention it was sorted within a half hour .Free fast wi fi which was ideal for our girls who rely on their I pads due to their special needs and laptops for us mums who needed it for our sanity :-) The outside area was very well maintained and pleasant to view out our sitting room windows which left in loads of light.The girls had a ball. I would definitely return again. Any parent with kids with special needs I would seriously recommend Glasan but I would recommend ringing ahead and informing them of your circumstances and if you have any reasonable requests they will move hell and high water to accommodate you. We had a lovely stay.Thank you to all the staff .Yvonne

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Yvonne W
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We are back from spending a week here at no 12 Glasan. The house was very welcoming, it was spotless with fresh white towels, sundries, laundered sheets etc on arrival. The house was spacious and had everything we needed. We asked for four extra pillows and they were dropped over immediately. It was very central to our needs and being away from Salthill had its advantages! We had our car so getting in and out of there was not a bother for us. I wouldn't hesitate to go back or recommend Glasan to any of my family or friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Great value for money. Very clean house, comfortable beds with crisp white sheets. Two teenage boys loved their rooms plenty of space and storage and a study desk for their computers etc. Towels supplied. Plenty of hot water. Kitchen has everything. TV, Wi-Fii signal excellent. Laundry service, shop and restaurant on-site. Tennis court and outside play areas. Security persons walking around 24hrs a day, I felt very safe there. Cynthia was very helpful with directions and queries.
Some tiles chipped on the floor and maybe some grouting could be done in the bathrooms however this is normally student accommodation.
Pictures shown are exactly as is. I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Having read some of the reviews here, I was worried about my parents staying here for a week. However, I joined them for a few days during their week and I really was pleasantly surprised. This was a clean and basic apartment with everything you would need for your stay. It was very reasonably priced and you certainly get value for money. For those complaining about this location, perhaps you should have paid more money if you were looking for 4 Star quality! The place was spacious and secure with an office and night security. I would not hesitate recommending this place to couples or families looking for a good base to tour Galway and neighbouring counties. Just don't expect the Ritz - you aren't paying for that!

Room Tip: You are approx 3 miles from centre but there is a very good bus service into and from the city regul...
Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank aggiedo
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed at Glasan holiday village for a week and we had a great holiday, the house was great value for money and had everything that we needed , the house was spotless clean when we arrived , the sheets on the beds were crisp and white and the duvet had that just washed fresh smell, the size of the bedrooms was perfect . The house was in a great location for to come and go the the shops , beach or indeed a short drive to salt hill were there was a vast amount of places to eat. we would stay again at Glasan and have recommended it to our family and friends

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family