“Family break in galway”

Ranked #39 of 45 Hotels in Galway
kerry
“Family break in galway”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at glasan from Tuesday to Sunday. House large and spacious, nice well kept greens outside with picnic benches scattered around. We had a few issues but these were quickly seen to resulting in a very pleasant stay, kitchen and lounge furniture very basic and well worn but you get what you pay for I guess! Ideal for a family, kids delighted with their own rooms & desks, super valu shop within walking distance. Would rebook again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank familytravellerkerry
Glasan, Manager at Glasan Holiday Village, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review of Glasan Holiday Village.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Staff were very friendly. I had one extra child and they had no difficulty with us bringing our own camp bed into the house. I was then worried that there wouldn't be enough space for us. I was wrong. The house was a great size. The pictures don't actually do it justice. Two single rooms have plenty of space for an extra camp bed and the upstairs room is huge. Only draw back is the no double bed available. The playground was a let down but i suppose it is primarily student accommodation. The kitchen is usable but there is little or no counter top to use. Bottom line is that for the price we paid in the height of the summer season we would return in the future. House was clean on arrival. My only gripe is that on our first day we requested that the upstairs bedroom windows be locked as they were not child friendly. I'm still waiting for this to be done and we left yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our only other request was for extra pillows and we got them the same day. It is no really walk-able to a good pub or restaurant but taxis are easily got.

Room Tip: Houses down the back would be best as we were at the front so all traffic passes by at all hours.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rob L
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just back from a weekend stay. Had a great time with my husband and 2 small kids. The house we stayed in was very clean and comfortable. Lovely clean bedlinen and towels. The house had everything we needed for our stay. There was a new play area which the kids loved. They also had soccer/tennis courts and even supplied the balls and rackets. Well maintained large green landscaped areas with new benches which really enhance the area. Will definitely be back for another stay. Great value for money.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Recently took a small tour around Galway and Clare - west coast of Ireland (which is fab btw!) we staye here as it was a good base with 2 young kids. it's located on the outskirts of Galway city so close to the motorway and with good access to the city by bus or car. The Village campus is clean, and has kiddie play area which enhances the place an kid friendly. The house we stayed in was clean, spacious an fully equipped for our needs an we were able to cook and not spend a fortune eating out all of the time. Overall goos space and the booking was easy and efficient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest.,

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I was required to reside here during my three months abroad. I was grateful for the tight security because there were enough troublemakers living there in the first place. Thursday nights were incredibly loud as first-years would run wild singing and yelling. There was at least one attempt at stealing my bike which I had locked up in the supplied bike shelter. At least weekends were quiet when all the kids went home to mum and dad. Glasan had to call student meetings for misbehavior, but this still didn't solve problems. There were no enforceable rules about smoking indoors, so my roommates often did drugs and stank up the apartment.
I understand that this is a student residence and distractions like this are not out of the ordinary, but if you are attending GMIT, try to live off-campus for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Casey P

Travellers are raving about these Galway hotels

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a few weeks but had to move out as security was my main issue. They were very strict with security and needed id to get in past the front gate at night. This is understandable, I know ye do not want everyone staying but found the security guards quite rude also. I could never have friends over as they would not be allowed in unless they hopped the wall at the back. Nice houses and location.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

I rang and spoke to The manager Olivia before we booked.I informed Olivia of our needs regarding the assistance dog and our 2 young girls with Autism.We were given our own kind of cul de sac so no traffic would pass us, easy access to main bins to dump our rubbish and recycling.Parking was right outside our door. Our house was spotless with clean crisp bedding and towelling. When we arrived a bulb was gone and we needed more pillows, minor issues obviously but my point being on the Sunday when I brought it to their attention it was sorted within a half hour .Free fast wi fi which was ideal for our girls who rely on their I pads due to their special needs and laptops for us mums who needed it for our sanity :-) The outside area was very well maintained and pleasant to view out our sitting room windows which left in loads of light.The girls had a ball. I would definitely return again. Any parent with kids with special needs I would seriously recommend Glasan but I would recommend ringing ahead and informing them of your circumstances and if you have any reasonable requests they will move hell and high water to accommodate you. We had a lovely stay.Thank you to all the staff .Yvonne

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family