“FOOD HEAVEN”

The Malt House Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Five of us Dined in the Malt House some of us for the first time including my wife and I, the menu read like a dream and was read several times as the choice and description's were mouth watering, when the food was ordered and presented it was impressive so from service to taste the whole experience was excellent. we sat at 7-30 and finished at 11-30 no rush for us to move on. I have eaten is lots of Restaurants in Galway and I can tell you quite honestly this was the Best so far, I will return.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Came across this place on a very busy evening in August, with a vegetarian in the foursome we wanted somewhere that offered more than a veggie pasta dish. We all ate delicious food and enjoyed the great service. A good, varied menu with something for everyone.
An added extra was the door through to the Kings Head pub where we enjoyed the live music and dancing.

1  Thank Valerie C
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We came upon this restaurant by chance and are very glad we did! We arrived with our 4 year old daughter and were seated immediately. Although the restaurant didn't have a children's menu, the staff were very helpful and welcoming. They made a meal for her (sausages, potatoes and veggies) which she ate very happily indeed. From the enticing menu we chose a starter and a main. All the food was excellent and not over priced. Service was attentive, friendly but not stifling. We were very pleased with our find and would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

With my entire table of 5 (with 5 appetizers and 5 entrees) absolutely everything we ordered was delicious. I had the vegetarian fennel soup and a feta salad - both were great! My friend had the meat-filled "Best of Irish" and loved it. Can be tough to find (behind the King's Head) but it is definitely worth searching for!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

It is very difficult for fine dining establishments in Galway during race week. The demand is huge and the challenge to deliver quality to huge numbers is rarely met. The Malt House had sensibly limited its menu during my recent visit for dinner. The cold starters were excellent and beautifully presented. But only one of the four main courses met its usual good standard - the Black sole was superb. A scallops and black pudding main was let down by an overcooked black pudding. Two of us went for Brill, which is a beautiful fish to eat but rarely found on a menu and was an extra special on the evening. The accompanyments recommended were those going with the Turbot special, a truffle rissotto. The truffle rissotto had neither texture nor flavour. Unfortunately both portions of Brill were overcooked - you could still get the brill flavour but overall a dissappointment as well as being a confused dish. I would go back to this restaurant again but not during race week.

2  Thank John Q