“Nice way to see the Aran Islands”
Review of Faherty Day Tours

Faherty Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 58 Tours in Galway
More attraction details
Owner description: BOOK NOW !! Aran Islands Tour includes. The return coach transfer to Rosseveal Harbour, Return ferry to Inis Mor and all day tour of the Aran Islands. Bus, Bike, or walking tour on Inis Mor is included.
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Highlights for me: Dun Aengus fort and cliffs but on my way up, the heavens poured, hail you name it. What was a path became a stream later. Met a cool dog on the way. He actually took us up to the fort. He'd wait, look back like come on girls.....than skip ahead. I was soaked and my long coat but plow on we did. Bad part, had to wear that all day till we got back. Not one dry thing on me. Not one! Think about taking a rain poncho. Ferry ride can be choppy I saw a good amount of people sick so take some med's if you get like that. The Aran Islands are beautiful.

Heat for the bus would have been great.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

We did this trip in mid October, a bit worried about the weather, but we were in luck! Beautiful sunshine all day.
We were picked up in the central bus station in Galway, taken to the ferry where our tickets were sorted for us and then on to the island. Throughout the tour both guides chatted to us about the history as well as modern way of life on the island and made sure we had enough time at all our stops. The 2 hours at the cliffs and iron age fort were the highlight and we had ample time to climb the hill, take millions of photos of the fabulous scenery and do a bit of souvenir shopping!
I felt like both guides made an effort to interact with us and as people from big cities it was so interesting to learn about life on the other side! Overall a great tour for a good price- 45 euros each including return boat fare and transport to and from the ferry port, but excluding the 2 euros to get into the visitor centre at the fort which we were happy to pay. Everyone on the island is part of a co-op so spending a bit of cash on souvenirs there as opposed to in one of the big tourist traps will certainly help the economy of this fascinating historic place.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Faherty Tours is the best way to visit the Aran Islands and Michael is a fantastic guide! He's originally from the Aran Islands so he's extremely knowledgeable about the islands, people, way of life, etc. We even got to meet his father who was thatching a roof near the cafe where we had lunch. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank RB78
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Great tour! Michael was extremely knowledgable and the combination of his personal experience and the breathtaking sites made this a tour that should not be missed. Very reasonable price for a full day of adventure with all transportation included. If you're looking for a great day in Ireland this I defintely a perfect choice. Thanks Michael!

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Thanks to Michael, I fell in love with the Aran Islands. I loved the cliffs of Dun Aonghasa more than the Cliffs of Moher. Michael's sharing of the history of the islands was wonderful and intimate. I highly recommend this tour.

I doubt Michael remembers my friend and I who were there on August 11, 2012. I had managed to bring the sunny, hot weather from Wisconsin to Ireland so we had a fantasic day for the tour.

My friend was visiting the states last week and she asked what she could bring me from Ireland. I really wanted her to bring me Michael but he's too tall for the suitcase.