“Pleasantly Surprised”

Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: Irish, Mediterranean, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Dail Bar and Restaurant has already become a firm favourite to both Galway residents and visitors alike with its stunning decor that is both impressive and comfortable at the same time evoking a relaxed warm atmosphere that just draws you in like your favourite local. Situated on the intersection of Middle Street and Cross St right in the heart of the city it really is a beautiful bar to visit The Dail is decorated in a wonderfully traditional manner with beautifully carved oak bars, feature fireplaces ,stunning staircases and many a cosy corner to while away an evening. The downstairs bar has a warm inviting local pub feel where you can relax and enjoy your favourite drink in a comfortable environment, chat to friends, and get to know the friendly bartender or just absorb the atmosphere and many hidden features that the bar has to find!The Dail is also a restaurant serving top class food at Pocket friendly prices all day everyday. The varied and enticing menu really does go above and beyond a traditional pub menu. The Bar is open late 7 nights a week from 11:00am to 2:00am
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We went out for dinner on Friday night without a reservation and were having trouble finding a table. One place that turned us away pointed us in the direction of the Dail Bar and boy did we luck out. It was a bit busy with the World Cup crowd, but we got a table within 20 minutes and the food was wonderful. I had sea bass over bacon mashed potatoes and it was amazing. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The crowd was lively and the service was lovely. I'd definitely visit again if I find myself in Galway.

3  Thank flygirl2002

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Staff were very friendly... we were there on a hen and they were more than welcoming! We will definitely be back!! :-)

4  Thank Ruth M
Reviewed 26 June 2014

While looking for dinner early one evening, my family and I came across The Dail Bar. It was pretty early in the evening and we found a seat immediately. The interior looked gave us the impression that this pub had been there a long time, but we later learned it was a not as old as it looked. Our drink order was taken quickly. I wanted to try some Irish Whiskey, so the fellow helping us provided me a menu of Irish Whiskeys and also told me some of his favorites.
The food was very good. We ordered the irish stew (unfortunately they were out of lamb so it was beef only) and chicken kiev. My youngest got some noodles. All of it came out hot and was very tasty. We would certainly stop by again if we were to return to Galway.

4  Thank Mike N
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Had a lovely meal here. Really good options on the menu and really friendly staff. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Will definitely be back!

2  Thank mariehyl
Reviewed 17 June 2014

When Sonny's was full, we were directed to this 'sister' restaurant. Big disappointment - hamburgers were awful! Soup was good.

1  Thank Coonie_72
Dail B, General Manager at The Dail Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hello, Thank you for your recent visit to The Dáil Bar and for your review.
I was disappointed to read your comments about our burgers. They are one of the most popular dishes on our menu and the feedback we receive on them is always positive.
If you happen to be back in Galway at any stage, please email me at manager@thedailbar.com and i would be delighted to welcome you back to The Dáil Bar and hopefully improve on your previous visit.

Best Regards,