“Local Produce cooked to perfection”
Review of Artisan

Artisan
Ranked #55 of 484 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Ireland
“Local Produce cooked to perfection”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We visited Artisan one evening during the Galway Arts Festival so you can imagine just how busy everywhere was. This is a small restaurant on the first floor. Eating outside is possible ( weather permitting). Great artwork on the walls. The menu was varied and I could have had a couple of mains. Starters around 9-12 euro, and mains 18-23 euro. I had Hake which was stunningly cooked as a main.I adore fish and to say that I have never had Hake cooked like this is really saying something. It melted.!! My husband had Rilletts of Pork with salad which he said was wonderful,( I tasted it and the flavour was just full on. He followed this with a Striploin Steak cooked just as he prefers. Our guest had the set three course meal and raved about it. This came with a trio of deserts and we all had spoons. There wasn't a morsel left on the slate.
It is a very nice setting. We saw a few couples at the window tables and imagined they would have had a great view of Shop St below...which was jammed.
Obviously this is not accessible to disabled people i.e. wheelchairs, but then you could always sit outside on a warm evening.
I can only tell you that this restaurant should be on your list to visit. You will not be disappointed. But DO BOOK FIRST...

Stonington,CT
“Fun, and delicious.”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

When I asked the staff of our 4 star hotel where they would go for a special and delicious dinner, this was it! I agree. This was a delicious and moderately priced restaurant in the fun old city of Galway. I would definitely go back. Great inventive selections, great wines, relaxing and trendy decor.

Sydney, Australia
“Portions way to small”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The food is okay but we were a party of seven and all thought the portions here were absolutely tiny. We regretted eating here.

Visited June 2013
ireland
“make sure you eat here before you leave Galway”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have eaten here before, and will again and again..... great choice on the menu and the Chef really knows their job, well presented food cooked perfectly, unlike the previous review our starters were large and filling, Keep it up Artisan.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Artisan Restaurant, Galway - AMAZING”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Fabulous menu, great staff.
Awesome food and a great location.
We wanted to order every starter and main course, which is why i will be back as you know you will be offered a great selection of food.
Will be back on my return to Galway.