“Lovely Lunch”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I ate here on Saturday 7th June 2014 with my husband and had a 3 course lunch for €19.95 each. I had a tian of crab for starter and my husband had a ham hock & black pudding salad. The crab was lovely with only a little chilli, which I was worried about as I don't like spicy food but it wasn't overpowering and the madras scented tortilla chips that were with it were perfectly palatable for my liking. My husband found the salad a little dry as there wasn't enough dressing for the amount of leaves in the bowl. For main I had a fillet of salmon, which was served with a potato cake & velouté sauce - the salmon was amazing, perfectly cooked and generous size but the potato cake was very heavy & stodgy. Also there was no veg or salad with this main and that was a disappointment. My husband had the burger, which was amazing - it came between 2 potato farls, rather than the usual burger bun and was served with relish, salad and fabulously tasty sautéed potatoes, which were served cold (unusual but still yummy). For dessert I had the special of the day, which was chocolate & hazelnut brownie and it was gorgeous. My husband chose the cappuccino tart which I wasn't very keen on but he enjoyed. The seating upstairs is unusual with tables of 2 in each bay window, overlooking Quay Street but is a little cramped. Waiting staff were very friendly. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. If you aren't able for 3 courses I still think this restaurant is worth a visit, as all of the mains were reasonably priced and there was also a choice of lighter options, like soup, sandwiches & light bites. We stumbled upon the restaurant by accident but it is opposite Wooden Heart & Twice as Nice on Quay Street.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Just happened to stumble on this fab restaurant for lunch,food was so good we booked for dinner later that night and again was not disappointed,everything about the place was perfect..the food,the staff were excellent and great atmosphere,will most certainly be back

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Hi. We had a 3 course meal for 25 euros during the week. Well worth it. Nice Macheral starter and fabulous cod for main course followed by a trio of desserts. Will be back.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Did the three course set meal for 25 euros and the food far exceed my expectations. Quirky and charming decor aside, the staff was friendly and helpful and the food was superb. I am looking for an Atlantic chowder recipe which I can make to rival the starter I had. The main was chicken with mash complimented by a very tasty sauce and the mini-desserts were the cherry on the cake of a great dinner. My favourite restaurant in Galway.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The menu was as always varied with some great choices. Nothing better than being tucked into a little corner overlooking the main street. Excellent service. So glad we stumbled upon this treat of an experience.