“Great for our sporty kids!”
Review of Pure Skill Galway

Pure Skill Galway
Ranked #50 of 136 things to do in Galway
More attraction details
Owner description: Pure Skill, Fusion of Sport is a brand new state of the art 25,000 sq ft indoor sport and leisure destination located in Knocknacarra Galway, only minutes from the city centre. The circuit comprises of 10 automated sports arenas that test your skill level for different sports including soccer, rugby, gaelic football, hurling, basketball, golf, baseball, and many others. The competitors complete the circuit of all 10 sports with a scorecard marked out of a possible 100 points. It takes on average one hour and 15 mins to complete the circuit. The interactive sports area also offers a wide range of sporting activities from around the world, from surfing to ice hockey to kickboxing, so there is something for everyone! The facility represents the first of its kind in the world having recently opened in Knocknacarra in Galway City, and is proving to be a huge hit for group outings and events. So go on, challenge your friends, challenge your teammates, challenge yourself
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for our sporty kids!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

visited here in Aug,great 2hrs fun very helpful staff and kids went back with dad a 2nd time to beat their score!

168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 176 helpful votes
“Healthy competition!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My boyfriend picked this place out as his choice after I dragged him along to lots of sight seeing!

We loved it. 90 minutes of pure adrenaline, sports action, competition and good fun! The sports actually are very tricky and you certainly need to take it seriously (we didnt!) to score well.
There was some healthy competition between us, but we really only did well on sports we actually play (basketball for me, rugby for him) but it was great fun trying the other sports. Its been many the year since I held a hurley and it was great fun giving it a lash.

The staff are very helpful and give tips and guidance if you want it, or let you to your own devices as much as needed. Despite one lad's best efforts, I could just not hit the ball in baseball!!

It really was something a bit different for us to do as a 'date', but would be great for groups or families either.

Would highly recommend, and really want to see one in Dublin!!!

1 Thank Orla B
Manchester, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Hurling is almost impossible....”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Had a try at this with my son to repay him for being toured around Connemara.
Great fun, I think provided you're the type of person who likes sports and is willing to give stuff a go.
Website says it all but I would add that the staff are most helpful, particularly for sports you aren't familiar with, like hurling for us. Made sure we knew what to do (although we still couldn't do it very well!)
I would say perfect if you're on hols with your sporty family and you're faced with a bit of bad weather. Only reason it isn't 5* is because some sports are too easy to score (baseball) and some are too difficult (hurling). They should even them up a bit

“I won!”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Well nearly never made it but almost just about did! This place makes the competitive adrenalin run. Good day out for everyone...

Visited June 2013
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great day here. Great stag venue”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The lads took me here on my stags. About a 10-15 min trek outside the city. Pure skill is exactly what it says on the tin. Don’t let the videos/reviews cod you. You may think its easy but it’s a different story when your in the cages. It really does require skill/good hand eye co-ordination. ON arrival you get a quick 5 min overview on DVD from the lads then its down stairs to the action. A swipe card allows you in and access to the equipment needed. Sport challenges include Football/Gaelic/Rugby/Baseball/Golf/Rugby.

Great activity for a group stags/hens/parties. The minute we all finished we wanted to go at it again.

Surprised they don’t or haven’t opened up another branch in the other big cities in Ireland (Dublin/Cork/Limerick).

This place is a goldmine.

Visited June 2013