“Wow, what a fantastic meal!”
Review of Mcginns on the Quay - CLOSED

Mcginns on the Quay
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
“Wow, what a fantastic meal!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I am so happy to write this review, in fact I am so delighted to tell everyone who reads
this to come and visit Galway and include a reservation at Mcginns as part of there visit.
I am not going to fill this space with culinary terms( that is if I knew some!), other than to say ...if you would like to go out for dinner in the knowledge that you will be receive a service, a menu, an ambience that includes a real and genuine warmth with food to die for......then look no further - Mcginns has it all in spades.....Well done guys, excellent does not really cover it.....As it was a Tuesday night we popped in to hear some great Jazz a few doors up......Great night.....and affordable which makes in even better!!

• Visited January 2012

Ireland
“Hidden Charm!”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Visited this Bar & Restaurant last weekend with my workmates for our Christmas party....very pleasantly surprised!

Now you know I like a place when I write a review, if you look at the rest of my contributions you'll see it's mostly really positive reviews....that's because if I don't like place, I don't really want to sit down and write about it for twenty minutes...

We were going to go to the Meyrick but after hearing negative feedback from a friend, we changed our minds and our Admin booked McGinns, the thought of going to a 'pub' for my Christmas dinner party...made me slightly hesitant.....I had never been to McGinns....

Arrived in, place was full of locals, a trad band in the corner, a lively bar and signs up for Mulled Wine... We went upstairs, not too busy surprisingly, in fact, not busy at all but the weather was RUBBISH that night, torrential rain... We had three courses and coffee for 22.80 which was a bargain!!! Starters were soup, salmon AND goats Cheese bruschetta which is what I had and it was AMAZING!!!! The bread basket kept being refilled and the drinks kept coming, The Staff were so so so wonderful! Everything came fast, they had a smile, they were relaxed and happy and the manager was fantastic, there's nothing he wouldn't have done for us, he even gave my colleague a battery for her camera!
Main courses arrived, there was fish, ravioli, beef and turkey, I chose the turkey, lovely thick slices of freshly carved turkey with gravy and bowls of new potatoes and Mediterranean marinated veg ( Aubergine, peppers, courgettes and red onion) I was expecting a heavy, stodgy Christmas dinner type of dinner but this was pleasantly filling and not stodgy, hot and tasty! Desserts were a choice of profiteroles, meringue nests with berries and Christmas pudding with Creme Anglaise, deeeelicious! No lumps or crunchy bits in the pudding, soft, creamy, fruity and tasty. I seriously thought it was undervalued, the food is superb at McGinns!
Supposedly they open at 5pm daily but it's a great place to eat or even just to sit by the fire and have wine with an anitpasti board! and look out the window at the Docks/Marina!

Cozy and well worth your Euro!

• Visited December 2011
Galway, Ireland
“Superb seafood and ambience”
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Brought a customer there during the summer and had the best prawns and crab claws in garlic. fantastic cheeses and pints. very friendly barman from galway and we ate there agin 2 nights later. well done all

• Visited May 2011
Melbourne, Florida
“My first and last stop while in Galway.”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stopped into this fine place as I was walking to my my B&B upon my arrival to Galway. I enjoyed a fine bowl of soup, brown bread, and a cold beer. Had a wonderful conversation with the bartender. She gave me good directions and I made my way. I came back that evening and had a light dinner. The company was good as was the food and service. I returned on two more occasions during my 3 days in Galway and each time was an awesome experiance. I met some fine local folks as well as travelers like myself. I will glady return to Mcginns if I head back to Galway.

• Visited September 2011
Galway, Ireland
“Great night had by all - Thank you.”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Genuinely friendly and very helpful staff. Good food. Fabulous atmosphere. A great spot to meet friend.

• Visited August 2011