“Tasty & Tempting” 4 of 5 bubbles

padraicins
Ranked #91 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$0 - US$24
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups, International
Good for: View, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Galway, Ireland
“Tasty & Tempting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Myself & my boyfriend recently went for dinner in Padraicins, the food was absolutely beautiful & we were given very large portions too, which really hit the spot. The staff were very friendly & couldnt do enough for us. It was a gorgeous day out so the views over Galway Bay were amazing. Really happy with everything but did find the prices quite expensive for what we were getting.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
Newry, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely loved this place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife, child and I were in Galway on holiday and a friend recommended Padraicins to us - i'm really glad he did. Firstly the location is fantastic - what a view while dining and my wee one loved the beach beside the pub. I have to say though the food and service more than matched the view. For our main course I got a steak while my wife got the spaghetti with prawns. The steak was done to perfection (and i'm very fussy about how my steak is cooked) and my wife really, really enjoyed her main course. Our desserts were delicious and i would also strongly recommend you try the the Irish Coffee - fantastic!!). I also have to say a special thanks to Roisin and Fiona our waitresses. They looked after us fantastically well. They made sure my little one was entertained and didn't have to wait too long for her food . The service was excellent - prompt and efficient without being intrusive - and everyone was so friendly. I will 100% be returning to Padraicins the next time we are in Galway. Highly recommended.

1 Thank John M
Belfast, Northern Ireland
“Great food, great atmosphere, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Myself and my husband recently visited Padraicins along with our three children. The food was excellent. We both had the steak which was cooked to perfection. For the children there was a great selection to choose from and portion sizes are great! Service was excellent and the views are fantastic. We will definitely be back!

Ottawa, Canada
“Decent Enough Seafood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

If my title sounds wishy-washy, it's intentional. We were a large-ish group (9), and were seated in the bar section, which was fine. We seemed to have about 3 different wait staff attend us, which in case you're thinking that meant we were well-attended, it didn't. We constantly had to flag staff and remind them of ordered and MIA drinks. Our mains were a mixed bag as well. I should have read the reviews of this restaurant before dining, which meant that one of our group was served the dreaded Prawns Swimming in Oil and Spaghetti. On the other hand, I had no problem whatsoever with my cod filet -- utterly terrific, sizable portion, perfectly cooked. The salsa on top was delicious, as were the potatoes. The hake, vegetarian stir-fry and especially the fish and chips looked big enough to feed a family of four. The wait staff could have increased the bill (and their tip) by looking in on us a little more often, as some of us wanted another round of drinks, but were, alas, abandoned.

The beach out front gave a nice after-dinner diversion for restless kids.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BigPnk01
Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
“So disappointed :-(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

When I read seafood on the sign I expect the freshest yummiest fish on my plate. While the mussels for starters were nice I was very disappointed by the main (spaghetti with prawns and sun dried tomatoes) which was very greasy and prawns looked like they came from a bag of frozen prawns :-( I was really looking forward to it too but wouldn't be back if passing by.

1 Thank Solene N