“Delicious dinner”

Ranked #165 of 489 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$34 - US$57
Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant gigi's offers an extensive menu inspired by the use of the very best local ingredients and seasonal produce. Guests can savour a taste of the West in stylish surroundings with attentive yet discreet service. Restaurant gigi's was awarded 'Best Hotel Restaurant in Galway' at the 2016 Irish Restaurant Awards and holds 2 AA rosettes for culinary excellence.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our room package at the g Hotel included an evening meal to Gigi's. I was happy that we were given the full choice of options from their standard menu (and not a reduced menu you sometimes receive in a package deal). My three courses were delicious! The steak in particular was so tender & the flavours on the plate all mixed very well. Portions are on the small size & there's an extra cost for any sides. If I had been paying for the meal, I wouldn't have felt I had value for money. We ate in town the following night & had a meal that was just as delicious & with better service for nearly half the cost. The only other negative was the decor of the restaurant. The walls are very dark purple & look black at night. There are a few fluorescent beams of light & that's it. It felt like we were dining in a box, but perhaps that's the idea :)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We ate at Gigi's on a sat night whilst staying in the hotel as dinner plans had fallen through else where. We didn't have a reservation so was surprised to get a table so easily.

With the option of both a pre fix menu at a lower cost or a la carte, we opted for a la carte. Presentation of food was lovely as you would expect for the price, starters - 10 eur, mains - 28 eur. but the taste was lacking slightly, not sure if it was a seasoning issue, just could have been better. My sirloin steak which I ordered rare was not as it had been poached first and then cooked. Following the explanation, I understood but perhaps would have ordered differently had I known this at ordering.

Bright and colourful setting as is with most of the hotel.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Ate here last night. Love the decor & the comfy seats. Shown to a nice table for 2 at the window, by a v friendly girl who took our drinks order. Unfortunately we had to ask again for 2/3's of it. No bread was brought out until the waiter who served our starter noticed the lack of same. After this, the service was excellent - friendly, efficient, not excessive & didn't rush us.
Most importantly, the food was delicious. We ordered from the a la carte & the set menu - pulled chicken, seared tuna starters, pork belly, surf & turf (bass & pork belly), Bailey's bread & butter pudding, Raspberry Breton. No complaints whatsoever!
With a glass of wine, Americano and a Bailey's coffee the bill was €117 - I felt this meal was worth it. Will be returning

Reviewed 19 July 2014

first night, room service fish and chips, some of the best we've had in Ireland.. desserts were amazing, too.. First morning, at Gigi's, breakfast was excellent. I had omelet, wife had eggs benedict. Second morning, not as good, and some service blunders.. But still, I'd definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I just loved this restaurant where i had the pleasure of dining recently.
This luxury hotel seems to be dropped into a industrial estate with nothing charming on the outside but an oasis of joy on the inside
From the obliging staff (not a bother to them that I was running late for dinner) to the selection of great priced fixed menus to the Philip Tracey decor this place is a treat and I will be back.

Strolling through the various rooms, is like an interior designs library of mood boards from cream and silver room, pink, purple, and a blue room and then charming restaurant that could encapsulate Lewis Carrolls vision down the rabbit hole.
The food was excellently prepared and great value, i had salmon capriccio which was prestented faultlessly to start, rib eye cooked just as wished and a wonderful cheese board for dessert which was too big for me to finish (which has never happened before) , the wine list extensive and offers selections by the glass, carafe 500ml and bottle and cocktails
My only disappointment was that it wasn't full and buzzing as it should be.
Michael Bubble seemed to be playing in the cream and silver room and if he is a regular I will be back to enjoy his excellent tunes and cocktails alone