“Excellent family run restaurant ”
Review of Trattoria Magnetti

Trattoria Magnetti
Ranked #104 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$10 - US$34
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent family run restaurant ”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Had dinner there on Saturday night. Real Italian food in a friendly atmosphere. We arrived without a reservation but were welcomed and offered a table. I don't have starters but my wife ordered bruschetta. When it arrived there were two plates which I thought was a really nice touch.
Two beers. Two glasses of wine. One starter and two main courses for €57 excellent value.
An ideal place for couples or families with small children. It feels like home.
Tw

Dublin
“Dont go too hungry!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Arrived with friends on a busy Saturday afternoon. The menu was good. I ordered cannelloni. The portion was tiny. The portions on the other plates were on the small side also. The plates were filled with rocket salad. The food itself was fine. I wouldn't be raving about it. I asked the waitress for the dessert menu. After 10mins another waitress came back and asked us if we wanted dessert. We just got a coffee each and the bill. There was a good wine list and we enjoyed a nice glass of pinot Grigio each. The price was reasonable.

Belfast
“Great authentic Italian food”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I had a nice evening meal here on the 30th december. The restaurant has a lovely clean atmosphere to it and the menu is quite varied and really reflects true Italian cuisine. To start, I had the beef carpaccio - it was a pleasant and fresh starter. My partner had the bruschette - the bread was a little crispy and dry but to be honest that's quite authentically Italian! For mains he had pasta with spicy sausage - very rich and flavourful. I had the squid ink linguine with calamari and prawns, which I really enjoyed. Our desserts of pannacotta and chocolate fondant were terrific! The dinner was accompanied by a carafe of wine chosen from a varied Italian wine list. Overall the service was efficient but it lacked any personality - a smile or a bit of conversation from the staff would have earned this place 5/5 for me... so they maybe just need to appear a little more optimistic or interested in the customers.
Would I go back? I certainly would - a lovely Italian restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Elle_M7
Froxfield, United Kingdom
“Shaky service, food not as described. ”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I popped in for lunch here, and we were initially welcomed very well, seated, and given menus.
It went downhill from there though. The staff took ages to ask us what we would like, and then waited over 30 minutes for the food to show up.
We had ordered a meatball tagliatelle dish, but when the food was eventually served, it wasn't tagliatelle, but spaghetti, and there was only a minimal amount of meatballs. The sauce was quite lacklustre too.
I would only try this place again if nothing else was open.

Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely Lunch”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I are here this week for lunch with some family. I had the pizza and it was absolutely delicious, very authentic. It was also extremely reasonable. The service was great and the atmosphere is nice and relaxed. Would definitely recommend it for lunch in Galway.